Shock Recommendations -2016 RAM 1500 Crewcab, 2x4, HEMI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katywoodworker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have 49,000 miles on my truck and noticed the front driver side shock has been leaking. The LT tires I have on it is the 17" Transforce HT. My driving is 90 percent on street and highway. I will be towing a Cargo Trailer monthly in the future and it needs to be able to handle the added load.
My only experience has been with Monroe shocks and am not interested in destroying the ride I have now.
I am looking for cost effective recommendations for both the front and rear shocks.
Thanks

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Check out the Pro Comps at 4 Wheel Parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

katywoodworker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Check out the Pro Comps at 4 Wheel Parts

I went to 4 Wheel Parts and the Pro Comps were universal fit. I then went to Pro Comp and now were listed specifically for my truck.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just bought and installed the Pro Runners in the rear from them ... PC may not have struts for our fronts ... You may have to look at Bilsteins then ... That’s what I have up front ... The 5100 adjustables

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You could check out KYB shocks.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m very happy with my Bilstein 4600 shocks.
It’s a little firmer ride than stock, truck feels more “planted” but still comfortable. Combine these with Hellwig sway bars and it improves handling and cornering significantly. ;)