Shocks and Strut replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tones607

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont know if this is in the right place but I am looking for new shocks and struts for a 2017 Ram 1500 4WD. I have a 2.5inch level kit on the front of the truck. What height shock and strut do I need to buy that also factors in the level kit?

OP
OP
T

Tones607

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, should I just ditch the level kit and run a Bilstein adjustable shock?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your current level is with spacers, then yea i would ditch those all together and get struts that level the truck instead.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
This is my 19' with the front and rear Bilstein set up (keeping the factory front and rear springs in use), and the fronts are set to 2.1" raised. I have no rear suspension height enhancements either, just the new rear Bilstein shocks. I am running on LT 285/65R20 BFG K02's, as well.

Some have indicated that the Bilstein's are stiff and have a harsher ride. I personally haven't noticed a harsh ride at all. Just improved ride quality and better control overall vs the stock shocks and struts.

Or, you could go with the Eibach front adjustable struts and the replacement rear shocks, and then also upgrade with their front and rear springs too.

Attachments

• 20220512_094134.jpg
    20220512_094134.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
T

Tones607

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your current level is with spacers, then yea i would ditch those all together and get struts that level the truck instead.
Ya I currently run a 2.5in Motofab level kit on the front. Gonna ditch those and go with new shock and strut set up.

OP
OP
T

Tones607

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is my 19' with the front and rear Bilstein set up (keeping the factory front and rear springs in use), and the fronts are set to 2.1" raised. I have no rear suspension height enhancements either, just the new rear Bilstein shocks. I am running on LT 285/65R20 BFG K02's, as well.

Some have indicated that the Bilstein's are stiff and have a harsher ride. I personally haven't noticed a harsh ride at all. Just improved ride quality and better control overall vs the stock shocks and struts.

Or, you could go with the Eibach front adjustable struts and the replacement rear shocks, and then also upgrade with their front and rear springs too.
Thats a beautiful truck. i love the blue. Are you running the Bilstein 5100 shocks? Did you replace struts also or just the shocks? Im new to upgrading parts on my truck and just not sure what i need to fully replace.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Thats a beautiful truck. i love the blue. Are you running the Bilstein 5100 shocks? Did you replace struts also or just the shocks? Im new to upgrading parts on my truck and just not sure what i need to fully replace.
Thanks, Brother.
Yes, the 5100's all around. The fronts are set to 2.1" raised.
Stock UCA's as I only went up to 2.1" raised. Stock springs on all four corners, too.
Then I got a good alignment after installation, and all good to go.