Shop building tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ike18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi-5.7
If the compressor is in a shed then its a pain to go back there and turn it on/off, but wired to the lights means its on whenever the lights are on and most people don't require air every time you're in the shop. A wall switch on the circuit marked compressor in the shop to me is the best method. I didn't do that so I just flip the breaker on when I need air.

I put it on a switch but was always forgetting to shut it off. With the relay on the lights I knew the compressor was off if the lights were off.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
If no bathroom/washroom, might want to think about a Leech pit. simply a 55gallon barrel with arms coming off, which are full of holes, surrounded by small pea gravel than plain old dirt.
essentially a tiny septic system but for minimal usage. things work really well, depending on usage level and drainage.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If no bathroom/washroom, might want to think about a Leech pit. simply a 55gallon barrel with arms coming off, which are full of holes, surrounded by small pea gravel than plain old dirt.
essentially a tiny septic system but for minimal usage. things work really well, depending on usage level and drainage.
Whats wrong with just peeing on the bushes?

TurdHorn-2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i pee in my back yard all the time lol, it aint a problem til the neighbors complain :D

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Hey bud where are you located? I'm working on clearing out some land right now for a building and working on getting quotes. I'm in northern parts of Illinois and so far I've asked a builder about quoting me a 36x60 and his response was 40x64 would be about same price material wise since he builds on 8ft centers so might be another option to look into and see if you can get a few more ft for not much more. The builder I'm looking into is on YouTube so I've been watching his vids like crazy lol. Just had him out to the house this week so haven't received my quote yet but was curious if you have any breakdown of your quotes like building, insulation, and concrete for example?

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
He also builds his post frames above ground to fight the decay issue of post frames which is nice

Just finished most of my interior in my garage. Just have some few details and cleaning/organizing left

Snapchat-234993749.jpg 20181026_204356.jpg

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He also builds his post frames above ground to fight the decay issue of post frames which is nice

Just finished most of my interior in my garage. Just have some few details and cleaning/organizing left

View attachment 145921 View attachment 145922
I'm in Oregon so we are far apart haha. My size of the shop is the max size it can be without special permits, which of course also require engineering plans and so forth which is more $ and a lot of time for the process that I dont want. The size I'm doing is the biggest "pre approved" shop you can do so I dont have to pay or wait for anything [emoji106] as it's already approved.
I'll go through all my paperwork to get you a breakdown on the prices it's all mixed in with my house paperwork and land paperwork etc etc haha but when I get a chance I'll give it to ya. Insulation i am doing (my company does insulation) so I'm saving pretty good there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 145921 View attachment 145922
Check my other thread "my dream shop build" I posted the breakdown for you [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk