Show us your Katzkins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've got a 2019 Classic, and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on some Katzkins. I'd like to see how they look in your 4th Gen, and if you have any regrets about doing it, I'd like to hear those too.

Thanks!
Aaron

Killerb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500
Definitely a time consuming project however worth the effort.
Material Quality is oem if not better!. The covers are mostly Velcro and zippers but there are hog rings that need to be replaced to achieve a factory look.

Only regret is not choosing a designer 2 tone pattern with colored stitching plus the fact I did the job twice. Added heated pwr seat frames from a laramie 6mo later..

0910190256a_HDR.jpg

0910190256b_HDR.jpg

0910190256c_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'll try to get some today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Aaron2

Aaron2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Definitely a time consuming project however worth the effort.
Material Quality is oem if not better!. The covers are mostly Velcro and zippers but there are hog rings that need to be replaced to achieve a factory look.

Only regret is not choosing a designer 2 tone pattern with colored stitching plus the fact I did the job twice. Added heated pwr seat frames from a laramie 6mo later..

View attachment 179574

View attachment 179575

View attachment 179576

That's actually a very nice self-install. I've seen some pictures where the leather was really wrinkled in spots, but apparently you were able to work through that. :waytogo:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's actually a very nice self-install. I've seen some pictures where the leather was really wrinkled in spots, but apparently you were able to work through that. :waytogo:

Yep it came out good! Mine came out similar....a few wrinkles but most of them have worked their way out over time (pics were 2 days after I installed the seats)

I am having a problem with the drivers front cover getting loose in the butt (huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh), I think its because there is no hog rings connected in the back because the seat heat pad is in the way. I might add some hog rings under the seat frame where the cushion cover wraps under.

MVIMG_20190628_074030.jpg

MVIMG_20190628_074038.jpg

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Going on 2 years with mine now and no complaints. I did the perforated center on mine. The only thing I wish they had was the Ram factory logo stitched in the seat back (like the factory leather) but you can only get that if you order through a Ram dealer and that costs you a premium.

0910191413_HDR.jpg

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
..... Added heated pwr seat frames from a laramie 6mo later..

Did you use the complete Laramie seat, foam cushions and all or just the frame? Was curious if the katskin covers from a standard seat would fit a Laramie? I have heated power seats in my Big Horn but would really love the vented Laramie seats

Killerb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500
Did you use the complete Laramie seat, foam cushions and all or just the frame? Was curious if the katskin covers from a standard seat would fit a Laramie? I have heated power seats in my Big Horn but would really love the vented Laramie seats

I used the Laramie seat frames with the pwr lumbar on both seats and removed the plastic bolsters on the frame. The frames had all the components for ventilation however the covers are not perforated, so that didn't happen. Realized after installing the covers I still wasn't comfortable, reason for the pwr frames months later. Next Ram will have all the fixings.
Live and learn..lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aaron2

Aaron2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Going on 2 years with mine now and no complaints. I did the perforated center on mine. The only thing I wish they had was the Ram factory logo stitched in the seat back (like the factory leather) but you can only get that if you order through a Ram dealer and that costs you a premium.

View attachment 179635

I'm really liking the perforated leather. It gives it a nice look and resembles the Laramie seats.

@mtnrider: Did your kit include a replacement for the console lid cover?

HoustonRamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I upgraded my 2017 Power Wagon from vinyl to katzkin 100% leather (no vinyl anywhere) two tone w/contrast stitching, preforated inserts and degreez heating / cooling over the summer and I am very happy with the end result. I do still have a bit of a wrinkle on my center console that i'll probably get addressed at some point in the future but besides that everything else smoothed out quite nice.

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I upgraded my 2017 Power Wagon from vinyl to katzkin 100% leather (no vinyl anywhere) two tone w/contrast stitching, preforated inserts and degreez heating / cooling over the summer and I am very happy with the end result. I do still have a bit of a wrinkle on my center console that i'll probably get addressed at some point in the future but besides that everything else smoothed out quite nice.

View attachment 179750

View attachment 179751

View attachment 179752

First Ive heard of someone with the Degreez stuff, how do you like it?

When I went with my Katzkin I got a set of cloth heated front seats from a '15 Big Horn. No ventilation but Im ok with that.

For the rears I added a set of RoadWire seat heaters, wired to the battery for power and a dual output relay under the front seat (one output for each side of the rear seat)

fastbike02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'll post pictures tomorrow but only issue I had was with the rear fold down armrest (to me it doesn't fit as well as oem). Also the back or the rear seats use hog rings to hold together and sense mine is modded to fold down to see the amps it looked tacky so i had a local shop sew j trim along the edges. All in all the install wasn't bad, I tossed mine in the dyer for a few mins right before installing and mine went on with almost no wrinkles!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed my kit myself and boy was the jump seat a huge PITA.

Totally did not expect it, but it ended up taking almost as long as both front seats combined. Trying to tuck the armrest cubby cover portion back in was the biggest pain.

OP
OP
Aaron2

Aaron2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 HEMI

View attachment 179750

View attachment 179751

View attachment 179752

Wow, that looks great. I didn't realize it, but it looks like the seats in your Power Wagon are slightly different than your typical Bighorn-type seats. They're almost shaped like Laramie seats or something. Anyway, they look excellent.

HoustonRamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First Ive heard of someone with the Degreez stuff, how do you like it?

When I went with my Katzkin I got a set of cloth heated front seats from a '15 Big Horn. No ventilation but Im ok with that.

For the rears I added a set of RoadWire seat heaters, wired to the battery for power and a dual output relay under the front seat (one output for each side of the rear seat)

I love the degreez. I live in Texas and had it installed this summer so I haven't used the heat yet but the cooling actually gets quite cool. I frequently turn it down after a bit from the top setting midway through my commute. It isn't like some OEM seats that are only ventilated, these use the peltier effect to actually lower the temp of the air before it's blown through the holes in the seats.