Sirius and backup cam gone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
Hello all, I’m sure I’m not the first to experience this, but after searching the forum and not finding a definite answer or proper way to reboot the Uconnect that actually works, here goes this type of question once again.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic, I am trading it in for a 2021 soon, so I’ve been taking out all my accessories I’ll be keeping for the new truck.

Tonight I disconnected the negative on the battery in order to remove the pedal commander, removed it, hooked the negative back up to the battery, and now miraculously I’ve lost my Sirius satellite radio app and my backup camera.

The apps aren’t there, it’s like they never existed, and I’ve tried disconnecting the battery again, every ‘reboot’ procedure I could find on the forum and google search (none of them actually work at all) and still, no sat radio or backup cam.

Is this something the dealer will have to reset or update on the Uconnect system?
If that’s the case honestly I’ll leave it for them to do, will be their truck soon enough lol!

But just out of curiosity, what (if there even is one) is the reboot procedure for the 8.4 Uconnect radio in the 2019 1500 Classic?
I tried the up & down temp buttons, tune and select buttons, neither did anything at all.

Thanks for any info on this.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I’m sure I’m not the first to experience this, but after searching the forum and not finding a definite answer or proper way to reboot the Uconnect that actually works, here goes this type of question once again.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic, I am trading it in for a 2021 soon, so I’ve been taking out all my accessories I’ll be keeping for the new truck.

Tonight I disconnected the negative on the battery in order to remove the pedal commander, removed it, hooked the negative back up to the battery, and now miraculously I’ve lost my Sirius satellite radio app and my backup camera.

The apps aren’t there, it’s like they never existed, and I’ve tried disconnecting the battery again, every ‘reboot’ procedure I could find on the forum and google search (none of them actually work at all) and still, no sat radio or backup cam.

Is this something the dealer will have to reset or update on the Uconnect system?
If that’s the case honestly I’ll leave it for them to do, will be their truck soon enough lol!

But just out of curiosity, what (if there even is one) is the reboot procedure for the 8.4 Uconnect radio in the 2019 1500 Classic?
I tried the up & down temp buttons, tune and select buttons, neither did anything at all.

Thanks for any info on this.
It will take the radio several key cycles to read the BCM and restore all the functions. Every time you disconnect the battery it starts all over again. This is normal for the newer 8.4 radios. There is no reset procedure for the 18 up radios. The reset procedure was for the 13 to 17 RA3 and RA4 radios.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

dwhutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It will take the radio several key cycles to read the BCM and restore all the functions. Every time you disconnect the battery it starts all over again. This is normal for the newer 8.4 radios. There is no reset procedure for the 18 up radios. The reset procedure was for the 13 to 17 RA3 and RA4 radios.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
Mine has taken 2 to 4 hours to come back.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Ditto, but not isolated to just the 8.4 radio or the gen 5. I have a 2016 RA2, when I installed the brake controller w AlfaOBD a few months ago it took several hours for the options to show up in unconnect. Not sure why the BCM is such a dog.