Sirius antenna location....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey so weird question. A guy at work has a 2017 exactly like mine just a couple weeks apart. His satellite antenna is located on the front passenger side of the roof. I’ve never seen that on the 4th Gen

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Recent models have the shark fin on the driver's side rear on quad cab, driver's side front on crew cab.

Why they didn't put these things in the center is a giant mystery. I think it looks stupid off to one side.

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recent models have the shark fin on the driver's side rear on quad cab, driver's side front on crew cab.

Why they didn't put these things in the center is a giant mystery. I think it looks stupid off to one side.

Since a lot of the time a vehicle is driven with only 1 occupant (the driver) and nobody in the passenger seat, they mount the fin on the passenger side to increase the down force on that side to level the truck from side to side. You wouldn't think something so small would be capable of doing that, but it's just enough to keep the truck from leaning to the left while going down the road. If you don't believe me look at older 80's and 90's trucks that are pre satellite radio and you'll notice a lot of them lean to the drivers side...
Before somebody explodes and calls me out, that was all completely sarcastic by the way. :p

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Since a lot of the time a vehicle is driven with only 1 occupant (the driver) and nobody in the passenger seat, they mount the fin on the passenger side to increase the down force on that side to level the truck from side to side. You wouldn't think something so small would be capable of doing that, but it's just enough to keep the truck from leaning to the left while going down the road. If you don't believe me look at older 80's and 90's trucks that are pre satellite radio and you'll notice a lot of them lean to the drivers side...
Before somebody explodes and calls me out, that was all completely sarcastic by the way. :p
Sick puppy

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Although I did hear that the location does increase productivity of owners that install a catch can and adds to the HP increase.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The HD 2500 and 3500 have the fin mounted in front so you can have a big camper that goes above the rear roof line and still clear the fin and cab lights. Guess they figure the 1500’s won’t have that so it’s mounted towards the rear.

6D0DC2DD-5DF7-4205-B31D-153BC9068E88.jpeg

8B7AD22E-CF71-42AE-8D5F-BD0E2FFC632C.jpeg

8F63A553-3C3E-4286-A68A-462828CE8897.jpeg

FADC6E49-7C8A-43C8-986D-D9D4E51360E5.jpeg

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi

to bad you added the last line IMO the best sarcasm is the subtle jabs that leave a few scratching their head
brian

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So it’s normal for it to be at the front of the cab and not the rear? My buddy is all worried it was a crappy aftermarket added part lol I figured they were all rear driver side corner

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it’s normal for it to be at the front of the cab and not the rear? My buddy is all worried it was a crappy aftermarket added part lol I figured they were all rear driver side corner

If his truck is a heavy duty they all have them in the front

Last edited:

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Completely unrelated but I found this very funny

da19b3d8b8cc69eb4683601b5bb5c88d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk