Sliding rear window. Need parts list help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
I am going to install a slider in my RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman. What electrical parts am I going to need? I am sure I will have to have the wiring because the Tradesman is a base truck. The good side is I have found a 13 Big Horn to pull the parts from. I am questioning relay location and so forth to so I can pull these and make mine nicer . I optioned it out well and have done so nice things to it . This and leather are my next two steps . Then on to engine mods. Thanks for any help you give.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going to install a slider in my RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman. What electrical parts am I going to need? I am sure I will have to have the wiring because the Tradesman is a base truck. The good side is I have found a 13 Big Horn to pull the parts from. I am questioning relay location and so forth to so I can pull these and make mine nicer . I optioned it out well and have done so nice things to it . This and leather are my next two steps . Then on to engine mods. Thanks for any help you give.
There is no relay in the system. It's a simple reverse polarity switch. I have installed it in my Express and it's not difficult at all. It's basically just the five wires. Ign on/run, Neg, power to window +, power to window - and illumination. I did a write up on my install in the 4th gen DIY section. If you have the harness it will make your install that much easier. Basically a reverse polarity switch works by changing the current polarity depending on which way you press the switch. Push it one way the window opens push it the other way it closes. There is no relay involved in the factory system. I may still have the schematics I can post if you can't find my write up. I actually had the correct wire in the connector in my drivers side C pillar to connect to the ignition on power source but if you don't have it there are other places you can find to tap into it. I found a couple of old pics of my install.5a73664ac1b0f4b4612a0195cb243306.jpgf2a09db1b2aa7f11772d072811ce2f1a.jpg9af6e862fef830528eca7c42c598e006.jpg2c31cfcf21ad4c4bdd0396238e7afcfb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Found the schematics. e5ddfea9e6eef859169291a8cd9f29e5.jpg

JayTee82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im looking to install a slider in the future too.
Got a tradesman and I just put in the fully loaded overhead console with full harness.
I plugged in the new plug into the L/R C pillar.
Just wondering where the two green wires that plug into the motor ar located.
Looks like in your pictures it comes from the R/R C pillar area

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im looking to install a slider in the future too.
Got a tradesman and I just put in the fully loaded overhead console with full harness.
I plugged in the new plug into the L/R C pillar.
Just wondering where the two green wires that plug into the motor ar located.
Looks like in your pictures it comes from the R/R C pillar area
The green wires that go to the motor in the pic I posted came with the repair connector I ordered from Mopar to connect to the power slider motor. They are not the same color the factory wires would be. They run from the motor to the actual switch itself. They go to the connector in the passenger side C pillar that plugs into the headliner in the factory setup. They should be TN/BR and TN/OR You will be missing the connector that attaches to the motor because it's not part of the headliner harness. You will need to buy the motor connector repair kit and locate those two wires that run back to the actual switch. Mopar part# 01561926AA.

JayTee82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The green wires that go to the motor in the pic I posted came with the repair connector I ordered from Mopar to connect to the power slider motor. They are not the same color the factory wires would be. They run from the motor to the actual switch itself. They go to the connector in the passenger side C pillar that plugs into the headliner in the factory setup. They should be TN/BR and TN/OR You will be missing the connector that attaches to the motor because it's not part of the headliner harness. You will need to buy the motor connector repair kit and locate those two wires that run back to the actual switch. Mopar part# 01561926AA.

Ah Ok.
My harness i plugged into was on my drivers side C-pillar. It had my 3rd brake lamp wiring going too it too. I assume thats where i'll need too tap into.
Ill have too do some more digging once I get ready too buy the window and pull that rear seat out.
Thanks!

JayTee82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. i got it all figured out. I'm going to have to get some pins and wire up a few things. my truck didn't come with the connectors pinned out for that window. No biggie. I do this **** for a living. I got a hold of some schematics and found out how it's running and where it's getting it's power from.
Thanks for your help!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problem. If you buy the repair kit it will take care of the connector and pins for the window motor part of the install.

OP
OP
jagman_xjs

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
Forgive me for not thanking you back in 19 on this. But sadly 2 hhours after I wrote this I went to buy the window. An idiot on his cell phone ran a red light and put me in the hospital the RAM in the avatar was totaled . I honestly did not remember writing this until now when I saw on my post list and will use this info for my 23 Classic I just bought. My current 19 Classic is a Big Horn and came with the glass. Again thank you for the write up.

cashels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Where did you get these?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 16.09.38.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 16.09.38.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 5