small body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, does anyone know of someone that makes like a 1-1.5" body lift?
I know it sounds silly, but I don't want to go to much higher than I am. I am leveled with 35's but thinking I might like just a tad more height. Any info would be great, thanks guys.
Oh I have a 2007 1500 4X4

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Craig, I don't know of anyone that makes a body lift less than 3". However, you could do shocks. Bilstein, and Rancho both make shocks that provide lift. Give me a few and I will get links.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
ive heard of people using hockey pucks but idk....

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive heard of people using hockey pucks but idk....

Good god...I didn't think anyone did this anymore either...So I've heard about cutting coils AND hockey pucks all in one forum LOL...

I wouldn't recommend either

-TapATalkAholic-

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your best bet for that small of lift is a set of lift struts.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Switch them for stock and do a three inch body lift. lol

Seriously, the bumper brackets are a nightmare.

OP
OP
BigHorn777

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Switch them for stock and do a three inch body lift. lol

Seriously, the bumper brackets are a nightmare.

Thanks for all the ideas guess I have to go with a 3", Rubber frog I did watch your video and it looked like a nightmare of a job. Could you send me some pictures of the back of your truck, I'd like to see how much the trailer hitch shows before I go and order a 3" lift. Maybe you could come up and help me install it also? :naughty:ha, ha, ha... Seen your a expert at it now. I was also wondering if I would have to redo my bull bar then? I already fabricated a taller bracket to move it higher up and also cut holes in the lower air dam to make it fit as close to the bumper as I could get it. Thing is they make a 1.5" body lift for Chevy and Ford, just haven't found if for a dodge.
I was going to do the Rancho lift before the Bilsteins, but it was so pricey. I can not believe how $$$$ the suspension lifts are for our trucks with the independent front suspension.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You'd have to fab something up for the bull bar too since it mounts to your frame

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the 3" body lift is a great mod, and doesnt take THAT long, especially if you have help. I had some problems with the steering extension but ended up finding a super easy and quick way to fix it.

The lift blocks they make are plastic. If you could find someone to cut 3" or 4" thick billet stock you could make your own. New bolts and you would be golden. I dont think you have to do all of the extensions with the 1"

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope, no extensions for 1 inchers. Only thing is you have to grind the holes of the bumper brackets to move the bumpers higher.

Ram'em

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi "inside"
People have done a 1" body lift, performance accessories has 1" lift pucks and you just need to replace the bolts an inch longer! From what i know the only thing you have to mess with other then the lift pucks/bolts is the bumper brackets. Just got to enlarge the holes so you can move them up an inch, other then that nothing else to worry about. Here is a link to the puck.

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/PERBB01.html

Last edited by a moderator: