Some Help with Canadian Parts for 8.4 Uconnect Radio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIYDAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just bought a 2017 1500 Big Horn last week. I have been non stop reading and I understand the upgrade for the most part. I want to be sure I have this right.

1. Buy used or new 8.4 Uconnect radio if I want to keep the OEM look. ( What I don't know is if it need to be out of anther truck or will any 8.4 work. )
2. I am putting this in a 2017 so I should try and look for a 2018 or 2019 to be safe and to stay away from Harman Kardon? ( Not sure why that was )
3. This should be plug and play for me as I have the same size screen and wires now. ( 24 hours for the new deck to boot up fully and all functions will return )
4. Replace the USB hub and wire in the arm rest with a new one from the 2018 or 2019 otherwise Apple care play and Android Auto wont work .
( I don't know where in Canada to get the hub and cord I found the Hub on Amazon but not the conversion cord. )

Thanks for extra advise anyone has. We have two 2017 Ram's so I may need to do this twice.

b2eefe0d-35f5-46c6-af81-88ba2f127f33.jpg0db42ff1-c687-45ad-b9de-fe3bcdd0070c.jpg
5. Has anyone put in an aftermarket that was around the 7 to 8 hundred mark and love it. I do like the OEM look as well.

Attachments

• 61nRp2doZ8L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    61nRp2doZ8L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
My $0.02... if you've got the cash...put in an aftermarket head unit and never look back!
I went with the Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX957XR and it's fantastic.

You'll need the iDatalink Maestro module... no bigge to install and it works perfectly.

If you're looking for a one stop shop... Crutchfield is your place. They will set you up with everything you need for a proper and seamless installation.

EDIT..I see you're in London, I'm in Ancaster.
Look up Audio Pros in Brantford... these guys are incredible and know their stuff.
My entire audio, camera, and security system with Drone is all from them.