Someone please!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Tell me the headlights I'm gonna retro fit are 100% legal.
I need to know, now. Mom just busted my balls about it.
MP, cop. Whatever. I need help!!!
Quick

Sent from my droid killing iPhone using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
why wouldnt they? People put HID's in stock housings, which are way worse. i'd think JJ's headlights were 100% legal, as all they are better retro fitted and less blinding than OEM's.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
HIDs are TECHNICALLY illegal in Texas as of 6 months ago or so. So yes, you could get pulled over for them, but as long as you have them set up right, aimed right, and at the right temperature (4700-6k) you should be fine. Their looking for more of the blue HIDs in stock chrome bowls.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
They are illegal in nj at least you wont pass inspection with them in .

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Unlike NJ, you will pass inspection with HIDs in your headlights but, like I said, the cops would be perfectly able to pull you over for the HIDs

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i think if a cop wants to get technical any modified light could be considered illegal. I agree about setting them up right and not blinding people and you shouldn't have any issues

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
technically, modifying any DOT stamped light could cause it to not be acceptable anymore.

Now, lets be honest..........is an officer going to give you crap about it? Probably not.

At a local GTG I asked a MO State Highway Patrolman if he thought anything on the lights was not "legal". Lack of a reflector, that was it. (mine is painted). I'm ok with that.

Its all about interpretation. Keep your old lights, just in case.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HIDs are TECHNICALLY illegal in Texas as of 6 months ago or so. So yes, you could get pulled over for them, but as long as you have them set up right, aimed right, and at the right temperature (4700-6k) you should be fine. Their looking for more of the blue HIDs in stock chrome bowls.

How the hell could they outlaw what some vehicles come with stock?

That being said, a police officer would be hard pressed to prove your headlights are NOT legal. Properly aimed HID projectors are better than any halogen light out there.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Well, my aunt is a cop, and she said they have had people argue the ticket, and they will make them take apart their headlights right there to show them the DOT stamp on the HIDs. If it's not there, then you get the ticket.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yep when i got my tires slashed the cop that came out was looking at my truck and said man i like those headlights lol then 2 days later caught the punks. :crazy:

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
TheMaddog said:
Tell me the headlights I'm gonna retro fit are 100% legal.
I need to know, now. Mom just busted my balls about it.
MP, cop. Whatever. I need help!!!
Quick

Your fine. It's not a big deal.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
How the hell could they outlaw what some vehicles come with stock?

That being said, a police officer would be hard pressed to prove your headlights are NOT legal. Properly aimed HID projectors are better than any halogen light out there.

Well just the look of the light is different stock headlights are dull and yellowish so its easy to tell and as far as coming with hid stock i think its only top end cars if im correct. Hell in jersey they will give you a ticket for stuff hanging from your mirror like a lanyard or graduation tassel

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Well just the look of the light is different stock headlights are dull and yellowish so its easy to tell and as far as coming with hid stock i think its only top end cars if im correct. Hell in jersey they will give you a ticket for stuff hanging from your mirror like a lanyard or graduation tassel

This is true.^^.

What cars come stock with HIDs? I know some, such as the Audi R8, come with LED headlights. Usually those that come stock with HIDs include projectors I would believe. Which would be DOT stamped. Aftermarket HIDs in chrome bowls is what they're after.

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Your fine. It's not a big deal.

Can you pm me everything. Like your badge # name and etc saying its fine. I need to show mom so she won't blow up.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
blackout11 said:

Wow Jersey sucks

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
TheMaddog said:
Can you pm me everything. Like your badge # name and etc saying its fine. I need to show mom so she won't blow up.

No I will not give you my info. Sorry. But if your mom isn't allowing you to do it then don't do it. She obviously has the final say.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
May not be illegal in MO. If you're gonna attempt to argue the ticket, you really don't have a chocie but to take it out to show them. Otherwise, it's your word against theirs, and I know from experience that doesn't go to well.

OP
OP
TheMaddog

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm fine. I told her that the cut off line needs to match, and everything. Also I can't go to 8000k. But that's fine I'm at 6

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Id like to see a cop tell me to take my headlight out. Without a screwdrive wont happen. 4th gens you have to take the grill off just to get to the light. I have the Retro solution 8000 k 35 watt blueish HID'S. I go by cops all the time. They dont bother me.

Id like to see you take them out WITH a screwdriver lol you need a 10mm socket / cop want mine out he can follow me to my house