Something rare! Dealership praise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geotex1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So here's something unusual to the net forums - giving a shout-out for excellent dealer service!

I am personally VERY turned off by the past 3 dealers where I bought my RAMs:

- 2014 RAM 1500 Sport/Crew/Long/4x4 from Jones Junction in Maryland (traded)
- 2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie/Crew/Long/Dually/4x4/Cummins/AISIN from Koons in Virginia
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie/Crew/Long/4x4 from Carmen in Delaware

Purchased from the above because each time they had the truck I wanted on the lot versus ordering. In some cases, the sale was excellent but the service follow through horrible, and in the case of Jones it was bad all-the-way around.

Earlier this year I began going to Savage61 here in Pennsylvania for warranty work and most recently some service (I generally do it myself, but time has been thin). I have to say Savage61 has been outstanding!!! No issues because I purchased elsewhere at all. Good treatment and attentive to working on the issues I have presented. The Service Manager, Joe, is a little prickly, but he's really a fair guy and will work with you. He even went above and beyond working an issue of coordinating a warranty replacement for my 2019 around paintless dent repair that needed that same part removed.

Yesterday, I had them do the pan drop/filter and fluid replacement on my AISIN because I just couldn't get it done before leaving on a long, heavy tow out west. No issue keeping the old filter for me, had the truck done in a couple hours and way ahead of promise-by, and most amazing of all the bill was totally fair! On top of that, Joe squeezed my 2019 in to get the 3rd recall reprogramming done without an appointment because I had it there when picking up the dually.

:happy160: to the service team at Savage61!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So here's something unusual to the net forums - giving a shout-out for excellent dealer service!

I am personally VERY turned off by the past 3 dealers where I bought my RAMs:

- 2014 RAM 1500 Sport/Crew/Long/4x4 from Jones Junction in Maryland (traded)
- 2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie/Crew/Long/Dually/4x4/Cummins/AISIN from Koons in Virginia
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie/Crew/Long/4x4 from Carmen in Delaware

Purchased from the above because each time they had the truck I wanted on the lot versus ordering. In some cases, the sale was excellent but the service follow through horrible, and in the case of Jones it was bad all-the-way around.

Earlier this year I began going to Savage61 here in Pennsylvania for warranty work and most recently some service (I generally do it myself, but time has been thin). I have to say Savage61 has been outstanding!!! No issues because I purchased elsewhere at all. Good treatment and attentive to working on the issues I have presented. The Service Manager, Joe, is a little prickly, but he's really a fair guy and will work with you. He even went above and beyond working an issue of coordinating a warranty replacement for my 2019 around paintless dent repair that needed that same part removed.

Yesterday, I had them do the pan drop/filter and fluid replacement on my AISIN because I just couldn't get it done before leaving on a long, heavy tow out west. No issue keeping the old filter for me, had the truck done in a couple hours and way ahead of promise-by, and most amazing of all the bill was totally fair! On top of that, Joe squeezed my 2019 in to get the 3rd recall reprogramming done without an appointment because I had it there when picking up the dually.

:happy160: to the service team at Savage61!

It is nice a to hear a positive story like this! Thanks for sharing all the pertinent info about the positive, as well as you negative's you had and with what dealers.

Ram Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Happy with my dealer also went to look at used Ram and sales manager said could put me in 2019 5th gen cheaper than I could by used and did it 2k less than used . Was a no brainer . Bought on June 15th . Was not pressured to by just gave me the figures and told me to get back to him if I wanted it or not . I had to have it towed 23 hrs. after I got it found heater hose had pin holes in it and they fixed it and delivered back to my house. Then had front end noise and they retorqed sway bar link ends and that fixed it . Laurel Valley Motors in Latrobe PA. Was treated great from day 1 this is 2nd Ram purchased there.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Happy with my dealer also went to look at used Ram and sales manager said could put me in 2019 5th gen cheaper than I could by used and did it 2k less than used . Was a no brainer . Bought on June 15th . Was not pressured to by just gave me the figures and told me to get back to him if I wanted it or not . I had to have it towed 23 hrs. after I got it found heater hose had pin holes in it and they fixed it and delivered back to my house. Then had front end noise and they retorqed sway bar link ends and that fixed it . Laurel Valley Motors in Latrobe PA. Was treated great from day 1 this is 2nd Ram purchased there.

so much for pre sale inspections though:) lol. (not you..the dealer)

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I'd like to add my great dealer to the list. They are Perry Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep in National City, CA.

They have a great selection and are no-nonsense sales team with prices as good or better than the onliners. The best part is their Service Manager is one of the best I have ever dealt with and he has an outstanding team of techs and mechanics.

I could go on with examples galore, a great dealership!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get great service from my dealership also. I try to thank them every time, including going into the shop and thanking the tech himself for doing a good job on my truck. Also about once a month I bring a couple dozen donuts to the service department for the techs and service writers. I've tried to establish an equal opportunity system--you do good I'll tell you how much I appreciate it, you do a half ass job and I'll tell you that you failed to meet my expectations. That seems to work well for both of us.
Jay

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
^^^^^

Yep, showing your appreciation goes a long way. The techs are like any of us, a bit of praise is always welcomed. So are the goodies. I've taken fresh caught and filleted Maui Maui (Dorado) to them and you would think I brought them a gold watch the way they reacted. I've done the do-nuts too, they probably go over the best - everyone likes a do-nut.

The General Sales Manager says their Service Manager treats me better than him. :waytogo:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO---"The Golden Rule" still applies, even in business transactions
Jay