Spare key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsherman26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody have a ballpark figure for a spare key fob and getting it programmed? Only had the one key fob I got with the truck, and due to a rather embarrassing incident yesterday, realize I should really get a spare. Let's just say my truck is going to spend a couple extra days at the airport parking while my sister is shipping my key, and the key fob to my mom's car, which looks very much like the truck's key and also had a key attached, is being sent next day air back to them. :crazy:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
For exactly for circumstances like that, i joined AAA
I pay about $65 a year, for my Ram & an RV

I get free Tows when i break down
I can request that a Mobile Locksmith be sent to the location where i am locked out, a locksmith will even make or unlock a key for my home.
To program a new FOB, takes maybe an hour, if they don't have to drive longer distances

I had a FOB circuit board short out, it was the spare FOB, the one that is always inside my home. It was making my RAM Horn beep constantly.
I looked up a mobile locksmith, they had a brick & mortar store and a couple of vans.
I drove there & they charged me $145.88 for the New FOB & programming

I did not even think about AAA for that,maybe it would have been cheaper

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anybody have a ballpark figure for a spare key fob and getting it programmed? Only had the one key fob I got with the truck, and due to a rather embarrassing incident yesterday, realize I should really get a spare. Let's just say my truck is going to spend a couple extra days at the airport parking while my sister is shipping my key, and the key fob to my mom's car, which looks very much like the truck's key and also had a key attached, is being sent next day air back to them. :crazy:
About $115 to do it all yourself with the following items:

Fob:

OBD JScan app for iPhone or android.

Security bypass:

OBD interface:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For exactly for circumstances like that, i joined AAA
I pay about $65 a year, for my Ram & an RV

I get free Tows when i break down
I can request that a Mobile Locksmith be sent to the location where i am locked out, a locksmith will even make or unlock a key for my home.
To program a new FOB, takes maybe an hour, if they don't have to drive longer distances

I had a FOB circuit board short out, it was the spare FOB, the one that is always inside my home. It was making my RAM Horn beep constantly.
I looked up a mobile locksmith, they had a brick & mortar store and a couple of vans.
I drove there & they charged me $145.88 for the New FOB & programming

I did not even think about AAA for that,maybe it would have been cheaper
For $3.50 a month, I get the same thing with my State Farm policy. :)