spark plug wiring tsb and coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
Hello,

1997 ram 5.2 4x4 i did a tune up recently, and the truck is running like crap. misfires at idle and while accelerating. if i overlooked the spark plug routing tsb for a 5.2 would it cause noticible missing?

next issue...
I am loosing coolant. its not leaking from a hose, and im not smelling it in my exhaust. I DO smell it under the hood. What should I look at or where to start

truck is gutless and always has been since i have had it (at 99k miles)... im going to check the plenum. I should just do it (currently 120k miles), or this is a symptom of the flash of death? also, if my plenum was faulty, would that affect my trucks vac system? on highway keeping steady foot the defrost kicks in and no more vent.

Howells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
the tsb is if you are getting spark knock under acceleration or load... sounds like you could use a tune up, or you have another problem all together. if its missing all the time rerouting your wires probably wont help.

Howells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
oh and for the coolant leak, you might have a slow leak at the tstat housing, try looking behind the alternator or ac compressor. thats all i can think of that is hidden if its not a internal leak, everything else should be visible (except the heater core) but i sure you would know if it was leaking.

Mopar1973Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996, 2002
Engine
1996 Dodge 1500 (V8-5.9L) & 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9L Cummins)
On my 96 Dodge Ram 1500 it was the intake gasket that was leaking. I would drool down the block and dry up before hitting the ground. But if you cooling system tester and pressurize the cooling system to 14-16 PSI you'll see the coolant leak for sure and it will make it to the floor.

Howells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Sorry I just read that u did a tune up. Was it missing before? Check all your wires are in the right spots. Did you put a new cap and rotor on aswell?

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Here's some TSBs that may be helpful

Plenum test ( besides the heavy oil residue on bottom of intake). TSB 09-05-00

TSb for plug wire relocation. TSB 18-48-98

You can check here to see if your PCM has been upgraded. I thinkj it covers 97s. If not, going to the main page of Dodgeram.org can direct you.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/2004/chrysler_pcm_flash_availability.pdf

The worst mystery coolant leak was from my t-stat gasket. The oddest but still a leak was a missing clamp from my coolant recovery hose at the radiator.