Special anti-freeze?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So I've been reading the owners manual for my new to 2017 2500 Cumins and it says to use only Organic Additive Technology anti-freeze. What the heck is that? Is it really the only thing that can be used?
Is it really different than regular anti-freeze I've been using in my gasser forever?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
So I've been reading the owners manual for my new to 2017 2500 Cumins and it says to use only Organic Additive Technology anti-freeze. What the heck is that? Is it really the only thing that can be used?
Is it really different than regular anti-freeze I've been using in my gasser forever?
The New Anti freeze OAT is a long life anti freeze and I think environment friendly ! You DO NOT want to mix the GREEN regular anti freeze with the OAT or HOAT antifreeze it will jell up and screw up the engine ! There are so called after market brands that say they are good for OAT but I played it safe and purchased OEM anti freeze from the dealer in case I need it !
Google antifreeze for you RAM and you will get a lot of info, There are several post on the Cummings forums about it

Last edited:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Around the 10K to 15k mile mark I will be attempting to switch over to this coolant.

It has been specially formulated and designed for heavy duty diesel engines not like the purple OEM universal coolant that comes in our trucks from the factory.

91C2BE68-9F1D-4CBB-ABF5-B6B5462F037F.jpeg

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gr8: Stay with the recommended anti-freeze, the OAT. Now if U choose to use another brand instead of OEM, make sure it meets specs. And U do not want to mix with anything else like the ole green Prestone, etc, the results would not be good...all IMHO

ADDED; The days of just going to wherever and picking up cheap anti-freeze like we all used to toss in our bottles and radiators of our 70's type cars as opposed to these NEW fangled rides are Long Gone.........

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Bought some of the actual mopar brand OAT antifreeze after reading this thread... at the local dealer. Just to keep some on hand in case I needed some. Surprisingly it was cheaper than I was assuming it would be. The parts guy said not all that long ago this was $80 gallon.

I had no idea this change had come about.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
They sell the Purple Mopar Antifreeze on Amazon as well as at the dealer. If you have multiple dealers, shop around. They have no standard retail price.