speedometer works intermitently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaxegrinder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have a 2001 dodge 2500 4x4 , does a malfunctioning speedometer effect the shifting of the transmission . what should i look for to correct the speedometer issue, i have already replaced the speed sensor but it still is not working, is there more than one sensor that controls the speedometer and if so where are they located. i blew the transmission and am in the process of putting a used transmission in but it suffered from shifting issues before coming apart. i should also note that right before coming apart the speedometer came back to life and the transmission went through its normal shifting pattern until i stopped, the speedometer stopped working and the transmission would not shift.

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have a 2001 dodge 2500 4x4 , does a malfunctioning speedometer effect the shifting of the transmission . what should i look for to correct the speedometer issue, i have already replaced the speed sensor but it still is not working, is there more than one sensor that controls the speedometer and if so where are they located. i blew the transmission and am in the process of putting a used transmission in but it suffered from shifting issues before coming apart. i should also note that right before coming apart the speedometer came back to life and the transmission went through its normal shifting pattern until i stopped, the speedometer stopped working and the transmission would not shift.
2001 speed sensor should be located in top of rear differential if so when that one goes bad or wires break the speedometer and cruise control stopped working and ofcourse your transmission is going to act up when the speed sensor doesn't read. Probably why transmission went out.

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mop