Splash guards / mud flaps yah or nah??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mud flaps are good for keeping all the mud and rocks from flying all over.I had five Rams and every one of them I put mud flaps on the truck.

Tonneaucovered

www.tonneaucovered.com
Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
For anyone looking for Mud Flaps give my team a call, and we can get you quotes on mud flaps. We have several options available

Cabledog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious, since you did the flares and mud flaps, and this may be a strange question, but were all the screws in all the holes in the fender? I just got a 2019 new, but a couple screws loose (on the truck) and in different places depending on the side. (The edge of the fender well) Thanks

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well I just received a response from Weathertech:

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

If your running boards are within 2" of the wheel well, then our front MudFlaps are not compatible with your vehicle. The running board affects the function of the MudFlaps when it is very close to them. If your running boards are within 2" of the wheel well, then we have nothing to offer you for the front. That's why the rear is the only option in the website for your vehicle.

120024 is the rear pair for a vehicle without fender flares/lip moulding.

120026 is the rear pair for a vehicle with fender flare/lip moulding.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Best regards,

Jessica Tykane
Email Assistant

I guess it's time for a little more research.

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well I just received a response from Weathertech:

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

If your running boards are within 2" of the wheel well, then our front MudFlaps are not compatible with your vehicle. The running board affects the function of the MudFlaps when it is very close to them. If your running boards are within 2" of the wheel well, then we have nothing to offer you for the front. That's why the rear is the only option in the website for your vehicle.

120024 is the rear pair for a vehicle without fender flares/lip moulding.

120026 is the rear pair for a vehicle with fender flare/lip moulding.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Best regards,

Jessica Tykane
Email Assistant

I guess it's time for a little more research.
Yes, that's what I've discovered. You would think that they would develop something compatible with the stock running board.

Sent from my old rotary phone using Tapatalk [emoji3513]

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just curious, since you did the flares and mud flaps, and this may be a strange question, but were all the screws in all the holes in the fender? I just got a 2019 new, but a couple screws loose (on the truck) and in different places depending on the side. (The edge of the fender well) Thanks
If you are asking and directing the question above to me, then, yes, the holes did line up. Some of the holes (holes size bigger than others) for the fender flares needed a metal clip that was provided with the flares. For the flaps, I unscrewed a couple of screws from the flares, installed the flaps, then re-used the screws. I also added a couple of self-tapping screws from the underside screwing upwards to help more securely attach the flaps to the truck.

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yep.

Huskys it is!
I already have the WeatherTech mud flaps on the back, and I just ordered the Husky flaps for the front. The pictures look good. Hoping for the best.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looks like I'm going to order the weathertech mud flaps. Now their site list the flaps for a 2019 2500, my truck will be a 2020 2500 with the factory installed wheel to wheel side steps. Will these; Part Number: 110108-120108 set for front and rear, fit my 2020? I've read that the 2019 and 2020 2500 is the same body. I'm just trying to order the correct ones before my truck gets delivered. Thanks in advance for the help.

Red

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I received the Husky "flaps" for the front yesterday and installed them right away. They look great with the rear WeatherTech flaps.

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I like those but can they install over the stock spats/rock guards? Could you post some up close pics of what they look like installed? Did they require any drilling in the wheel liner? Thank you.

Sorry for the delay. I'll get better pics when it stops raining. They require 3 mounts - 2 use the stock screws and one is required to be drilled into the wheel liner.

tourrider

Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
These Rock Tamers work good too. I have a set for the truck when I'm pulling the camper or car hauler.
5c7a53e8fcf49987d7070d5626c28dfa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The splash guards and running boards make a great deal of difference in keeping the sides of the truck clean. I could never figure out why anyone would want the power retracting side steps that leave the truck vulnerable.

I have the dealer add the factory spash guards on my SUV and did it myself on my 2500 truck. The prep guy at the dealer did a terrible job and so with my next truck I will add them myself and do it right.