Whos Got Mud Flaps ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up a set of 4 from Husky. Haven't had a chance to install them yet, but they appear to be no-drill. Less than $100.
I have Weathertech on MY 19. They R the hard plastic and a lil flexible.

HINT: I know they have U pull out those lil skinny sorry a z z screws and re-install, should form fit right over the end of the "splats". WHEN you put those screws back in:
1) Do not Overtighten
2) Use Blue Loctite on the Bolts, and be a lil generous. You will be happy U did.

DA BOIRD.

front2.JPGIMG_0555.JPGIMG_0556.JPGrear3.JPG327882975_957555251898973_1423275154844851373_n.jpg

Krumster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a set of mopar mud flaps you can have. Front and rear. I bought the wrong ones and didn’t return them in time. I think the part numbers are 8221-5928 ab and 8221-5929 ab. Email me at [email protected]

Dieselfitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Another vote for the Dura Flap, I am very happy with them, they are holding up very well, I have 22k miles on the truck. I have stock tires/wheels and suspension. They don't require drilling and install easily. They are ribbed, which gives them some stiffness in snowy conditions and clean easily. I notice not much road debris on the side of the truck from inclement road conditions. I have not had them off road, but they are flexible and would probably work well in moderate muddy conditions. They are probably more expensive than most others. Just my .02 worth...

David Oakes

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I-6 HO
I installed the MOPAR flaps on my 2024 Dually. They definitely help. Without them there was significant mud deposited in the back bumper. I just pulled my enclosed trailer on a gravel road and it still received quite a bit of spray, even with the flaps installed.

There are a few 1/4" holes to be drilled in the plastic liners to install.
I installed some rubber flaps on my 3500 but wasn't completely convinced that they were going to what I needed.

As I now make a living towing 5th wheel rv trailers from the factory lots in Indiana to Vancouver Island, I needed to know for sure that I wasn't going to be the cause of a flying rock causing damage to the brand new trailers. So now I have a set of rock tamers mounted from the hitch.

I still get spray but I can confidently say that any dirt or possible rock damage on the trailers is from other vehicles on the road.

Attachments

• 20240129_101741.jpg
    20240129_101741.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 9

MJCs18Diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
On my '03, I wanted thick, flat-surface solid rubber "trucker" mudflaps. The thicker they are, the less the road wind and splash will fold them back too far. I had to shop around different truck parts outlets because they all have some type of molded patterns in/on them. They also come in different lengths and widths. If you get a pair of wide ones, cut them with a jigsaw down the center, and they may be wide enough to put the cut edge to the inside, and be as wide as your tires. Drill them to use the existing fender well holes, mount with fender washers and spray a little undercoat on them when finished. By drilling your own, you can get just the right look, hanging not too long and not too short. And you might want them to stick out to the side a little from the fender to protect the lower fender a little better. And finally, use a level to hang them horizontal at the bottom.
If you order a 24x40 (below), you can cut them into fourths and one is large enough for one truck. And, mount them with the ribs facing the tires to display the smooth side to the the rear. mjc

This pair of 24x30 will work too, cutting each length ways.

Last edited:

Connie Mack

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
Got a '23 Big Horn 2500 about a week ago. Loving the truck! Id like to get a set of mud flaps to protect the paint and help keep it clean.
Ive never put mud flaps on anything. Im leery of drilling into the truck to mount them.
I think I want a heavy flexible rubber kind, rather than a hard plastic. I like the idea that if im offroad, crossing a ditch, driving over something, etc... the rubber will flex and not break.
I looked on RealTruck and some of those ridiculously expensive! Now way Im paying $250+ for 4 slabs of rubber, and a little plate glued to it.

Who has experience with some mud flaps? Im leaning toward the CAT flaps below. Im not too sure how they mount though.

I found out the hard way that when you order mud flaps, MAKE SURE THY ARE NOT PASTIC. They will call them mud flaps, but the plastic ones are trash. spend the extra money and get the RUBBER flap,

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Purchased Rokblokz flaps. No drilling, no wheel removal. Comes in regular size which affords great protection for my 1500, and an XL if you go wider than stock size tires. Price would be about $160 for your truck. (Made in USA).

jokingjimmy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
I went with Husky mud flaps. "no drill" install, but I did drill one hole for the optional screw they supply. Screws the very inside edge of the mud flap to the liner - isn't needed but I felt like I needed it.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Purchased Rokblokz flaps. No drilling, no wheel removal. Comes in regular size which affords great protection for my 1500, and an XL if you go wider than stock size tires. Price would be about $160 for your truck. (Made in USA).
Can you post some pics with the Rokblokz on your truck?

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This comment can be deleted. I found the answer.

Adam

Last edited:

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you post some pics with the Rokblokz on your truck?
Front flaps 8 1/4” & rear flaps 10” above pavement, semi rigid, will flex. Provide good protection from debris thrown up from tires. Truck has not been washed in a couple weeks and area behind flaps clean. (I do a lot of riding on unpaved roads (mud & gravel) so the protection these flaps afford fits my needs. Suggest you visit Rokblokz.com for more detailed info.

Attachments

• IMG_5436.jpeg
    IMG_5436.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5431.jpeg
    IMG_5431.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5433.jpeg
    IMG_5433.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5432.jpeg
    IMG_5432.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 12

Deercamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgot to add that in researching a suitable running board for the 1500 quadcab, several designs note that they can not be installed if mud flaps are installed. This does not make sense to me as the flaps don’t appear to intrude on the area taken up by running boards.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Front flaps 8 1/4” & rear flaps 10” above pavement, semi rigid, will flex. Provide good protection from debris thrown up from tires. Truck has not been washed in a couple weeks and area behind flaps clean. (I do a lot of riding on unpaved roads (mud & gravel) so the protection these flaps afford fits my needs. Suggest you visit Rokblokz.com for more detailed info.

Thanks for the info and pics!

jokingjimmy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
These are Husky flaps on 2023 Limited with 33.8"x12.2" tires on 22" wheels. Same as previous poster, I opted for the one hole drill into the wheel liner.

They are fine. Made from that Semi-hard plastic/rubber material. Pretty thick and seem well made.

Honestly, I'd be ok with getting something else next time or getting these again. It would come down to price and if they are made in USA (Husky and Weathertech are I believe). These were on sale, so there you go.

Note that with these, they do come into the wheel well about 1/4" - 1/3" right at the inner bend (kind of where you see the edge of the tire towards the rear of the wheel well). This meant that to keep them on, and keep the larger tires, I did need to modify them slightly with a heat gun to prevent rubbing when turning left (not right for some reason).

2024-01-26 13.57.59.jpg2024-01-26 14.31.17 med.jpg