Sport hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Where is a good site online to buy a sport hood ? If there is such a place

tuned by Jay Greene

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where is a good site online to buy a sport hood ? If there is such a place

tuned by Jay Greene

Honestly I would just bite the bullet and go to the dealer. You'll get the best quality and fit. It was a 750 dollar option on my truck. Don't know if it will be the same price as that or not. Aftermarket products always scare me. Bought an aftermarket bumper for my charger and ended up having to go to the dealer and buy oem because after a year the plastic started to warp from the summer heat, and when I first installed it there were huge gaps by the headlights and it didn't line up with the fenders right even after sanding. If you're just looking for oem style go to the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw a straight sport hood on FB marketplace here in ATL for 200 but needs paint. Still a good deal IMO

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Honestly I would just bite the bullet and go to the dealer. You'll get the best quality and fit. It was a 750 dollar option on my truck. Don't know if it will be the same price as that or not. Aftermarket products always scare me. Bought an aftermarket bumper for my charger and ended up having to go to the dealer and buy oem because after a year the plastic started to warp from the summer heat, and when I first installed it there were huge gaps by the headlights and it didn't line up with the fenders right even after sanding. If you're just looking for oem style go to the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Problem is most dealers are on backorder for that hood for 6-12 months and also they want to charger $1,200-$1,600 when MSRP is right around $1,076.

OP, try ebay. There are some brand new OEM hoods on eBay ready to ship immediately.

Also, one of the vendors on here, MoparOnlineParts.com has the hood for only $922.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

Last edited:

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My dealer wanted $1500+ for an oem Sport hood with the (2) inserts. Told me if I purchased a Sport to add the hood would only be $750.00. Needless to say I left that hood right where it's been sitting collecting dust lol.

F.O.F