Sport Off Road light mounting options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys,

I’ve attempted to post about this before a while back, but had no luck so I’m trying again…

Has anyone here installed off road lights on the front end of a Sport? Seems every light bar I’ve seen is designed for a regular bumper, and I’m not into cutting my original one. I especially like the pre-runner style light bars with big halogen lamps on them. Or, as another option, I’d love to see if anyone has mounted lamps behind their grill on a 2nd gen and has pics of what they did. I’m specifically avoiding LED light bars because they don’t fit the classic style of my truck. I know they are effective, but I’m a hard headed purist.

I like the looks of this setup from N-fab, but all they have is one old grainy photo of it on a regular front end, and everywhere else I look always has a disclaimer about them not fitting sports. If someone has made one for a sport, I’d love to see what had to be cut to do it.

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Sport, and have been looking at off-road lights for a while. I won't cut into mine, either.
One of the best alternatives I've found, are the Oznium Ultra-Thin Bar. Multiple colors, fits behind the grille, LED for less power pull. You can link multiple bars together.
I don't have them yet, but I've seen pictures of the light they throw. Really bright, like a full bar. Check them out as a possible choice.

Padre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have two spot flush mounted led pods behind my grille. Mounted to the grille. 2yrs and still zero problems with them. I'll try to get a picture later today. Currently just zip tied in, as i wasn't sure i wanted them there. But they work great. These are what im running.

OP
OP
Spike95

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys. I’m still pretty adamantly against using LEDs on my old truck. I am considering mounting a couple of Hella 500ff driving lights behind the grille. They look like they might be low profile enough to fit there. In the meantime, I’ve purchased some parts to do a relay setup for my headlights to see if I can get them a little brighter.

Reactions: Mop

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
That light bar is nice. I have tow hooks so I put my light bar under bumper on valance. Curved 30” fits brilliantly. Black on black truck. It is above the bottom of valance, braced in back with some strapping. Rough Country make, single row led. Very bright and perfectly lights up road (off road of course)

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hi Guys,

I’ve attempted to post about this before a while back, but had no luck so I’m trying again…

Has anyone here installed off road lights on the front end of a Sport? Seems every light bar I’ve seen is designed for a regular bumper, and I’m not into cutting my original one. I especially like the pre-runner style light bars with big halogen lamps on them. Or, as another option, I’d love to see if anyone has mounted lamps behind their grill on a 2nd gen and has pics of what they did. I’m specifically avoiding LED light bars because they don’t fit the classic style of my truck. I know they are effective, but I’m a hard headed purist.

I like the looks of this setup from N-fab, but all they have is one old grainy photo of it on a regular front end, and everywhere else I look always has a disclaimer about them not fitting sports. If someone has made one for a sport, I’d love to see what had to be cut to do it.
B1B4D920-AF7D-429B-972A-C7A7D33DE61D.jpeg

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I put grill guard on my truck then added lights to a plate I had made. My lights are just daytime driving lights since my truck is 2011, but you could put off road lights in the plate. Cool thing is that my lights are flush w plate , then I added chrome bezels…..just throwing this out there. Lots of different ways you can go w these trucks

OP
OP
Spike95

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why not put a lightbar in your lower bumper?
That is very nice on your truck, but like I said, I very specifically do not want LEDs on my old truck. I only want parts that are true to the time the truck was made. I know people love LEDs. I just don’t want that look. Same way I don’t want 20” wheels. I’m not into making older vehicles look modern. I like them to be time capsules of their era.

OP
OP
Spike95

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To put it more specifically, when I say “light bar” I mean one of these… not an LED light bar.

Attachments

• A2853EE4-38F1-4249-B75E-9D07CC13F228.jpeg
    A2853EE4-38F1-4249-B75E-9D07CC13F228.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1