Spotify audio Auto-playing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
I’ve asked in the iPhone subreddit and have looked at the Spotify community but can’t find an working solution. I’m not sure if it’s a Spotify, iPhone, or the Ram’s Bluetooth issue to be honest. Maybe someone here can shed some light or has been through this.

Say I’m listening to Spotify with my iPhone over Bluetooth in my truck one day. The next morning I will use the iPhone Maps app to get somewhere. When the Maps app finishes a sentence in the spoken directions Spotify will automatically start playing the last thing I was listening to. On my phone Spotify isn’t even open. If I swipe up from the very bottom to see all apps open Spotify isn’t there. If I swipe down to see the control center, when Spotify starts playing, I can pause it. But as soon as Maps stop speaking, another direction, Spotify starts playing again. Super annoying

autoplay is already turned off in the Spotify app, and in the Ram’s radio settings.

iPhone 13 Pro max
Ram stereo is the small-screen basic Bluetooth stereo that comes in the SLT

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I F'ing HATE the way Spotify takes over your phone, I have very similar issues with it on android. Drives me crazy.... It's a Spotify issue (they want to call it a "feature"). There is no way to stop Spotify from auto starting on a bluetooth connection. Even if I launch another audio source on the phone and switch to bluetooth on the radio Spotify auto launches and takes over. I have to physically stop it every time.
I've tried all the "tricks" posted online to stop it but no luck

I'd ditch Spotify but the whole family uses it so it's hard for me to get away from it.

OP
OP
El_Dude

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
My fam is on Spotify too and I've built up my lists and all that crap. ughh i wish there was a way to stop that

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
"The problem is not that we won't be able to connect. It is that we won't be able to disconnect."

Read in Omni Magazine, circa 1970s.

ninettefriedly

Reaction score
I feel your frustration with that Spotify auto-playing issue. It's like having a DJ you didn't ask for, right? I've heard some folks had similar problems, and it might be a glitch between your iPhone and the Ram's Bluetooth system. Maybe try disconnecting and reconnecting the Bluetooth connection? Sometimes that does the trick. Did you know there's a way to give your music a boost on Spotify? If you're into music production, you can buy plays to get a head start. Check out streamingfamous.com if you're curious.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
How about going to settings and turn Off this permission?

Screenshot_20240104_093534_Spotify.jpg

After reading the other posts I was thinking to myself I didn't have that problem. So I opened the app and this message popped up asking me to allow. Coincidence?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How about going to settings and turn Off this permission?

View attachment 534684

After reading the other posts I was thinking to myself I didn't have that problem. So I opened the app and this message popped up asking me to allow. Coincidence?

Unfortunately that will Not fix the issue of it auto launching. It's a "feature" that Spotify is forcing on us....

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Unfortunately that will Not fix the issue of it auto launching. It's a "feature" that Spotify is forcing on us....

Weird mine is upto date and doesn't do as described. I'm on Android platform though.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Weird mine is upto date and doesn't do as described. I'm on Android platform though.

I'm on android.... While I don't have the exact problem the OP has it does auto start Spotify every time I select bluetooth whether I want it to or not. For instance, if I want to listen to another app via bluetooth from the phone I am constantly fighting with Spotify taking over. Very frustrating..

This isn't an issue with just ram, it's across the board on all bluetooth devices. You can search through Spotify forums and people are complaining about this everywhere. Of course there are people that "like" this feature as well.

./

OP
OP
El_Dude

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
yes thats the exact problem i'm having. its super annoying. ughh

Latest posts

Members online