Spray nozzle modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So about 2 years ago I got my truck painted and bought a fiberglass hood with functional hood scoops. The body shop advise against drilling holes in it to put in the oem spray nozzles. So I came up with a kit I created my self from autozone and carquest. The washer nozzles I ordered from Autozone and everything else I bought from CarQuest.
20160727_110638.jpg

Parts
Washer nozzles-924-5403
3M double sided tape-carquest
Auto craft vacuum hose 7-32in (5.6mm) x2- carquest
Dorman vacuum connectors (1/4in)- 493-006 carquest
vacu-tite vacuum y (1/4in)-carquest
black zip ties
Here are the parts!
20160808_152855.jpg
So in this photo I ran a test hose and nozzle up to the wiper to see where I want to position the nozzle on the wiper arm. I would suggest right where the wiper arms bend towards the windshield. That the best angle to spray it towards the windshield. I drilled a hole big enough so that the hose was snug passing through. The spot where I drilled has nothing behind it. its just plastic.
20160808_164738.jpg
This what the nozzle looks like, I actually placed it a little bit higher and secured it with the 3M tape. I also used 3m tape and the zip tie to hold the hose to the wiper arm. I made sure it was flexible for when you lift up the wiper arm and also that the hose didn't bind with the wiper motor or linkage.
20160808_164744.jpg
once I got the one to work, I added the Y-splitter and then ran a second hose to the next wiper arm and repeated the above picture and steps.
20160808_165718.jpg
Honestly you don't noticed the zip tie holding the hose to the wiper arm or the 3M Tape. The only thing about this nozzle is that is has another sprayer on the end of it so when you hit the washer fluid you could potential spray a by standard or some one else's car. This has worked through all sorts of weather including snow. no leaks.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Autozone has (or atleast used to) an Anco fitting kit they use for when replacing wiper blades (for if something breaks or doesn’t fit). Inside that kit are nozzles that attach to the arms. They would give them away if you asked.

GM cars of the 80’s & 90’s has the nozzles in the arms as well.

Removing the nozzles from the hood was popular when the 300/Charger/Magnum came out & this was the way we did it.
Just not sure why the factory insists on putting them in the hood

OP
OP
Monster_Ram1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Autozone has (or atleast used to) an Anco fitting kit they use for when replacing wiper blades (for if something breaks or doesn’t fit). Inside that kit are nozzles that attach to the arms. They would give them away if you asked.

GM cars of the 80’s & 90’s has the nozzles in the arms as well.

Removing the nozzles from the hood was popular when the 300/Charger/Magnum came out & this was the way we did it.
Just not sure why the factory insists on putting them in the hood

I saw those kits, but they are not offered anymore and anyone that had them, sold them for a high price. I took a chance on these nozzles and they worked out.