Starter relay issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomanydodges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all.. First post and I find myself puzzled on this one. Usually I can figure out the problem but not so far. 2006 ram 1500 4.7 quad cab. The issue started when I wanted remote start on it. I bought a flash logic set up and installed it... Not good... I found out there had been a GPS start disabling device. Now I know the truck had been to a buy here pay here one of thw previous owners bought it from there. They had installed this gps. Well I removed it but since then my starter relay clicks like mad once I turn the key to the on position. The remote start wont work I think due to this. I have never had this problem out of any vehicle I have had. The guy that installed the gps had cut a wire from the ignition and spliced into it. I made a jumper and reconnected the wire which allowed it to start back up. But as I said before now the relay clicks like mad but it starts everytime. I thought maybe the relay was going out and bought a new one anyways but it does thw same thing so i know it wasnt bad... But I'm stumped. Anyone have an idea why the relay would start going nuts since the removal of the GPS start disabling device?