Steering problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khasper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L G&D
So i just purchased two second gens. a 01 1500 5.9 lifted with 35's and an 02 2500 5.9 stock. Im having this issue with the 1500 where if the wheel is full locked to the left, the truck struggles to move. Turning to right isnt so bad but I noticed the left front tire is much closer to the fender when full locked compared to the right. I asked around and I was told an axle shaft u-joint or the teeth in the diff are destroyed. The steering wheel sits at 12 and 6 with the tires straight so I think someone must have smashed that wheel because its curbed pretty bad. Also playing with other things I noticed the 4x4 shifter only moves in two positions and the truck moves in both of them but I am unsure of which drive they are due to lack of a helping hand. After just leaving a gas station I was pulling out and there was alot of loud crunching sounds coming from the front of the truck and im assuming that has to do with my steering problem.