Stereo Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Have a 2002 ram 1500, when i would get out of the truck with stereo on it would automatically stop playing music and i would have to turn the stereo off then back on to get music to work again.
I installed a new Pioneer AVH-200ex and it worked for a few days, then one morning i went into the gym and it worked, came back out 2 hours later i jump in, the side buttons (physical buttons) work but the touch screen is black and doesn't look like it is powering up enough, the screen flicks to a black (very weak light showing it flickers) then will not work, i can not turn it off using the physical button either, turning the truck off/on does not help either.
If i disconnect the batteries Positive terminal for a few seconds the stereo will then work next time i turn it on. May work a few more times, then after sitting for a few hours it will again show a black screen but side physical buttons work besides the Turnoff.
Anyone know if this could be correlated the the stock radio cutting music.
Has anyone had an issue like this before?
I cant imagine it would be the wiring in the stereo or harness as it was working and randomly began to occur, and it works every time as long as i disconnect the Pos+ Terminal first.

Going to remove stereo tonight and check the connections and stereo screen.
Any suggestions are helpful

OP
OP
adamh3844

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Update, unplugged the back up camera, it is working again.
Back up camera is ran to reverse light on driver side (white wire with light Green tracer) power runs to camera.
Ran ground to heavy bolt on frame.
AV wire is connected to rear of camera.
No power is shown on camera, but truck recognizes there is a camera available.
Any tips or advice on why back up camera is not getting power or (turned on).
I check all this with the truck in Reverse (e-brake applied) and both reverse lights work.