Stock Remote Starter Install Confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
As usual I bought the truck that doesn't fit any of the option dropdowns.
2019 1500 4x4 Classic quad Warlock

Looking up the starters I come up with
Part Number: 82215050
or
Part Number: 82215277AC
https://www.allmoparparts.com/cat/2019-ram-1500-remote-start-electronics-and-audio-accessories.html

I think the 82215050 kit is what I need and is what is listed for the 2018

The dealer claims I need the other kit that has all sorts of modules and needs interior taken apart. If you read the details it says
Fits Ram 1500 DT only. Does not fit Ram 1500 DS.
couple lines further down
This product fits the following vehicles:

YEAR MAKE MODEL
2019 Ram 1500 DS

DT is the new body style correct?
See where the confusion is coming from lol

I've tried sifting thru the search results only to get further confused? Any info would be so greatly appreciated !

And to confuse things more 12v solutions seems to have a descent price/set up. Would that be a better option?

Thanks again

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
12v solutions are really good guys to deal with, I haven't bought from them but talked with them on the phone looking for a starter for my son's car.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
As usual I bought the truck that doesn't fit any of the option dropdowns.
2019 1500 4x4 Classic quad Warlock

Looking up the starters I come up with
Part Number: 82215050
or
Part Number: 82215277AC
https://www.allmoparparts.com/cat/2019-ram-1500-remote-start-electronics-and-audio-accessories.html

I think the 82215050 kit is what I need and is what is listed for the 2018

The dealer claims I need the other kit that has all sorts of modules and needs interior taken apart. If you read the details it says
Fits Ram 1500 DT only. Does not fit Ram 1500 DS.
couple lines further down
This product fits the following vehicles:

YEAR MAKE MODEL
2019 Ram 1500 DS

DT is the new body style correct?
See where the confusion is coming from lol

I've tried sifting thru the search results only to get further confused? Any info would be so greatly appreciated !

And to confuse things more 12v solutions seems to have a descent price/set up. Would that be a better option?

Thanks again
You would use the first part number you listed. You don’t even need that whole kit to get your remote start working. Read through this thread, as everything for the 2017 will apply to your 2019 classic- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-remote-start-to-2017-ram.99849/

OP
OP
Skyjockey

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
OP
OP
Skyjockey

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Also, if you’re looking at the 12v kit, get this one instead- https://www.ebay.com/p/Audiovox-Fla...MIuZ-DkOnl4wIVjp-fCh1MNwuTEAUYBSABEgJ0cfD_BwE
It’s $100 cheaper, works the EXACT same way (probably the same kit, they’re all just rebranded), and you flash it yourself, so no need to send it to them for flashing.
You sure?? I'm looking at both kits and 12v solutions you cut 1 wire on THEIR harness depending if you have gas or diesel. The Audiovox seems to also cut some wires and you have to change some wires in the connectors? 12v literally just plug in their harness, program box to your vehicle then they program box for rest of the stuff and it should go.

From all reading I've been doing on my 2019 classic 1500 the OEM route
replace hood latch and run the wire into the cab
replace the touch pad on my remote to include the 2x button
Get dealer to program sales code

Not sure what I should tell the dealer to program??
With the full kit they want $120 to program truck and new keys but looks like I don't need the keys or entire kit??

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You sure?? I'm looking at both kits and 12v solutions you cut 1 wire on THEIR harness depending if you have gas or diesel. The Audiovox seems to also cut some wires and you have to change some wires in the connectors? 12v literally just plug in their harness, program box to your vehicle then they program box for rest of the stuff and it should go.

From all reading I've been doing on my 2019 classic 1500 the OEM route
replace hood latch and run the wire into the cab
replace the touch pad on my remote to include the 2x button
Get dealer to program sales code

Not sure what I should tell the dealer to program??
With the full kit they want $120 to program truck and new keys but looks like I don't need the keys or entire kit??
For the 2018-2019 rams, there is a security gateway that needs to be bypassed. This is the reason the flashlogic kit has you cut two wires and tie them into the trailer brake controller CAN bus wires. You can order the connector and terminals to crimp onto the ends of the two cut wires for the flashlogic kit for a few dollars from digikey, and plug it directly into the truck’s CAN block. That way you don’t have to slice any truck wiring. Looking at 12v website, they don’t offer a kit for 2018-2019 rams. This is probably because they haven’t figured out how to bypass that gateway module without splicing wires just like the flashlogic kit.

I have both, the factory remote start and the flashlogic on my truck. I hardly ever use the factory remote start because the range is exactly the same between the two, and I can start my truck with my phone from anywhere using this add on kit for the flashlogic- https://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-ASC...+ascl6&qid=1582119278&sprefix=car+link&sr=8-3

OP
OP
Skyjockey

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Think I will go with the Flashlogic but they have 3 wires coming off the trailer brake connector (can h&l, ignition) but I don't have the trailer brake option so connector is just there. What parts would I need to make the mating connection to avoid tapping wires? I think someone else posted links to a 2 pole plug but this one is more like 10??

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Think I will go with the Flashlogic but they have 3 wires coming off the trailer brake connector (can h&l, ignition) but I don't have the trailer brake option so connector is just there. What parts would I need to make the mating connection to avoid tapping wires? I think someone else posted links to a 2 pole plug but this one is more like 10??
Here’s the relevant instruction page for your truck- 7m9q9FY.jpg

Here’s the connector your looking to buy for the CAN H and CAN L- z3akoDs.jpg

You can buy the connector here- https://www.onlinecomponents.com/te-connectivity-amp-brand/221386501-45132283.html

Terminals for that connector- https://www.onlinecomponents.com/te-connectivity-amp-brand/59637151-44176850.html

The brown/red wire goes into pin one on that connector, and the brown/yellow wire goes into pin two.

Then, that connector gets plugged into this green block under the steering wheel, any empty slot- Gx7BNCf.jpg

I don’t see the ignition wire you’re talking about, though, just the brown and purple wires that get tied together on the flashlogic harness itself.

OP
OP
Skyjockey

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Thank you but I guess what's throwing me is the truck has a 10 pin connector and you're second person saying to use this 2 pin to plug into it with? Sorry not sure what your last pic is?

OP
OP
Skyjockey

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
connector-ram-jpg.171015

Photo from another thread courtesy of
HickoryC

This is what confuses me 2 pin into 10 pin?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
connector-ram-jpg.171015

Photo from another thread courtesy of
HickoryC

This is what confuses me 2 pin into 10 pin?
That connector will be out of the picture, and not used. fxlVIYG.jpg
You insert the circled wires into the new 2-way connector using two terminals I have linked above. Then you plug that new 2-way connector into that green can bus block I have pictured above. It’s under the dash by the steering column in the vicinity of the other connectors you plug into. So, you’ll ultimately have 4 plug n play connectors to plug in- OBD port, headlight switch, ignition switch, and green can bus block.

OP
OP
Skyjockey

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Awesome thanks again. I’ll look under there next time first . I think I’m getting 2 different kits confused

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wonder if they've changed the new harnesses, because they don't show combining the brown and purple wires any more, just connecting the brown/red and brown/yellow wires.

Or maybe the ebay ad is just showing the wrong set of instructions.

s_l1600.jpg

Last edited: