STOP the rot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I noticed water leaking from the bottom corner of my doors. upon further investigation I found the weather stripping packed. with mud removed it and found packed in all the holes and the drains plugged. I unplugged the drains and about a beer cans worth of water came out the back doors were the worst.i clean out the mud using water and comp air.i will plug the holes and fill the bottom of the doors the a mix of pb blaster and tranny fluid for a couple of days. it will weep but it stops rust.you can shoot it in to all the cracks you can find. my truck has never seen deep water or mud all the crap came in at the window seal

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I run the oe wheels I think the mud came from when I parked beside a dusty road at work everyday my truck would be covered in fine dust.that probably started the problem.but obviously rain and mud can get past the seal crap trapped where you can't get it out with normal washing spells red cancer.35x12.5 tires I have cheap mudflaps I just built my rock sliders at the end of winter but they seam to help.

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
my rock sliders are plated on top at the step and underneath with with 3/16 plate.but there isa large gap where you can stick a pressure wand.to blow the mud out they are heavy and heavy duty. the lady next door likes the dot tape makes it look (FLASHY)lol.

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for another great tip on what too look for down the road after a few trail rides. You guys are really helping me keep my learning curve a lot less. As I never would have checked that kind of thing on the truck. I probably would have noticed once the water sloshed around and made a funny noise. Lol great tip thanks.

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
it was the water on top of my sliders that tipped me off. it was just a few drips but wtf was the cause

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I shoot fluid film through the lower door drains on my vehicles. It's best to do it on a hot day with the product being warm and thin to get it to creep/flow.

The only thing I'd be concerned about with the PB Blaster and ATF is, will it turn the door seals into mush? FWIW, I make my own "PB Blaster" by mixing acetone with ATF. I keep it in a can squirter. I wouldn't want to keep that stuff on plastic or rubber too long.

DuraFlap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My DuraFlap mud flaps keep all the rocks and mud off my truck and trailer.

2019 Dodge 2500 WF 12 in wide stock length.JPG

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would recommend picking up a couple bottles of Fluidfilm or Woolswax. Wouldn't want my truck smelling like either ATF or especially PB Blaster, plus the Fluidfilm or Woolswax is a thicker and will "stick" to the metal better. I bought a kit of Woolswax for my truck that includes a spray gun you hook up to the compressor and several tips, including some longer tubes that you can poke through openings in the rocks and such and spray inside body panels.