Stupid question about manuals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomLockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins H.O. Turbo diesel
I have been looking all over and can't find this answer from anywhere I would trust. I am interested in a 4th gen with HEMI and manual transmission. Did they make this or was it already only Cummins trucks that could get manuals when the 4th gen trucks came out? If it was never made, is there a way to create this or would the computer cause too much grief. Reason I am asking is because I would really like a standard cab short bed HEMI powered manual transmission 4th gen Ram. Should be no big deal, right? ;-)

Thanks.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You’re looking for a unicorn.
Before buying the truck I have, I spent months looking for one with a hemi and a manual.
I only ever found one that “checked all the boxes”, but the mileage was too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Interesting thread. Did just a basic search but found 4: 2015, 2016 and 2 2017 with manual transmission, searched 2500 gas models. Good luck.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
The last year for a factory manual Gas engine was 2009.

2018 was the last year for a Manual with the Cummins.

The Cummins was the last Full Size truck of all makes to have a Manual.

That said...you can get a Manual 5.7 Hemi in either Mexico or Brazil for 2019

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Man, that is horrible. My bro burned through 3 transmissions with his HO cummins, traded it on a manual, and never looked back.

OP, if you put Canada in the search bar and manual and the year truck you want, you will likely get a pdf for free. Don't tell anyone, it's a secret. Must be a law up there, free online manuals.

Gruntledlark

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, that is horrible. My bro burned through 3 transmissions with his HO cummins, traded it on a manual, and never looked back.

OP, if you put Canada in the search bar and manual and the year truck you want, you will likely get a pdf for free. Don't tell anyone, it's a secret. Must be a law up there, free online manuals.

Are you talking about an owner's manual or a service manual? My US owner's manual is available online.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yep. Not a Hemi. 8.3l V10

I realize I should have been more specific.

A 3rd Gen Hemi would not have a Manual in a 1500. You had to get a 4.7l v8 or 3.9l v6 to get the manual, or get an SRT 10. But only in 2wheel drive and a regular cab shortbed. If you get the quad cab it was only automatic.

Last edited: