Stupid question, keeping the stereo on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clgrandorf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a way to keep the truck from automatically shutting the radio off? Right now, with the ignition set to on but the engine off, the radio shuts off after about 30 mins. Is there a way to prevent it from shutting off or extending the time?

dodtbdm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know the max time, but there is setting in the 8.4 that allows you to change how long the radio is on after turning off the engine. I currently have mine set to 5 minutes I believe.

OP
OP
C

clgrandorf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I saw that, but what I'm getting at is trying to leave it on for extended periods of time. For example, at a drive in movie, its a pain in the ass to hop out of the back every 15 minutes to turn the stereo back on. Or even just trying to play music while I'm doing work outside.

TxCowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NONE
In Accessory mode, the radio should stay on until you turn the ignition completely off.

When you turn the ignition completely off, the radio has what they call Retained Accessory Power (or RAP). The length of time RAP is applied to the radio is what you are setting through the menu (one minute, 5 minutes, etc.).

EDIT: In Accessory mode, everything is powered up and ready to START. Keep an eye on your battery if you're in the back seat watching a long movie (or are otherwise distracted). :)

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think that's what he is referring to though. On my 14 sport accessory mode only stays on for about 45 minutes, then the truck powers itself down and kicks itself to off mode. Thus killing the radio and everything else.

OP
OP
C

clgrandorf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that's what he is referring to though. On my 14 sport accessory mode only stays on for about 45 minutes, then the truck powers itself down and kicks itself to off mode. Thus killing the radio and everything else.

Exactly. I get that its a battery saving feature, but it can be annoying

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I had this same problem last summer at the drive in, When watching a 2+ hour movie having to jump out of the bed and turn everything back on is such a pain in the ass.

I have tried literally EVERYTHING to get it to stop doing this and have not been able to stop it. I gave up the next day after trying for 30 minutes to figure out how to disable it. I do not think there is a way to disable it.

I tried both ways just on ACC and on the ON position.... No luck.