Surround camera programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Pretty sure the answer to this is no, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask. My wife has a Lexus RX350 with all the nanny features including surround camera view. We managed to program hers to where when she slows to about 3 mph in drive the surrounding view appears on the screen. This is a great help in parking in the garage, in parking lots, pulling into tight drive through lanes to avoid hitting the rims, maneuvering through parking garages, etc. So far I haven’t found a way for the RAM to automatically do this although I can hit Apps, and Cameras and with surround view selected as priority, it will then pop up in drive at low speed.

Has anyone found a way to get it to automatically pop up at low speed in drive?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Automatic, no. But on my 12" uConnect 5 system, I'm allowed to have one app shortcut at the very top row of the screen. I have the surround view as my shortcut, so it is always one touch away. I use it to pull in and out of the garage also, but not for clearance. I normally have our 5 dogs running around the acreage, so I want to make sure they are all clear.

OP
OP
DanAR

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks, I’ll check into that - putting an app shortcut at the top of the screen.

OP
OP
DanAR

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Automatic, no. But on my 12" uConnect 5 system, I'm allowed to have one app shortcut at the very top row of the screen. I have the surround view as my shortcut, so it is always one touch away. I use it to pull in and out of the garage also, but not for clearance. I normally have our 5 dogs running around the acreage, so I want to make sure they are all clear.

I got the icon or short cut set at the top of the screen. That will work. Thanks for the tip.

Shane downes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 1500 limited
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I got it to work in my 23 ram rebel 1500 had to select the option don't detect ecu in the alfaobd and went into the bcm settings and look for Activate front camera automatic park sense and change it to enable then it pop up in my uconnect screen and I can turn it on and off also I Activate the turn camera automatic too

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Tazer DT install in my truck. When the parking sensors are activated by an object the surround cameras turn on depending if it’s the front or rear sensors that were activated showing that particular view. Also when I activate my turn signals the cameras turn on. It also allows me to turn on my cameras at any speed and select the view I want to see. I can turn this feature on or off as needed when the vehicle is parked.