Suspension parts (continued)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bingo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Quad Cab Sport
I'm starting a 2nd thread as other one seems to be taken over talking about 2500

So i guess the carli bracket is no good as the Eibach only lifts rear around 1 inch i believe

Looking at the clayton site it shows nothing for the Ram

Getting any parts here in Canada is also a pain i'm pretty sick of paying duties after importing anything these days be it bike ,car , truck , sim racing parts or anything really.

Any recommendations for parts suppliers in Canada is welcome

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Clayton web site doesn't advertise for Rams. The gladiator has the same rear end as the rams, so just go off those parts

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You didn't have to start a 2nd thread bro, that's how we roll around here :) we help everybody.
No need for the relo bracket with just 1" lift in the rear, which is what you'll get with the 1" eibach rear springs.

The UCA's you posted are coming straight from China. i'll stay away from them.

For the purposes of the conversation, and to clarify Jeep borrowed the rear control arms and trackbar from the 4th gen RAM to fit the 2020+ Jeep Gladiator rear end. What does that mean ? just cause Clayton or any other Jeep afterrmarket manufacturer making aftermarket parts to replace the factory ones in the Gladiator say they're Jeep specific, it doesn't mean you're buying something of less quality or less robust part as your truck stock parts.

Funny but the Jeep Glad stockers look better made than the POS rear arms we have from the factory in the RAM and the aftermarket just made them A LOT BETTER AND BEEFIER. So when you buying aftermarket control arms for the Gladiator they're literally a direct fit in your RAM. Only thing you won't have is the pin/bracket to mount your rear brake line. Not a big deal at all. you can get creative with something to hold the line. Most important the bushings in most if not any of them are literally made for your truck. So not only you get bushings than can whistand 190-200ft/lbs on the bolts, the sleeves are made in such a way that your control arms mounts won't touch the bushings and will rest on those sleeves as intended by the factory so your bushings won't get destroyed by the edges of the control arm mounts.

For offroading Clayton have a version of bushings than can flex on both sides and don't need any maintenance. That's why we like them around, but there are more bushings and more arms in the Jeep aftermarket with all kind of different bushings for you to look at. We like Clayton because they're one of those companies that they take pride in what they do and they help the community. personally i run their control arms, trackbar and rear springs. everything is been set and forget it.

Have fun bro. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@ram1500rsm do the Jeep Gladiator rear coil springs also fit the Ram 1500s ? I see that they have 4.5" rear coil springs

Yep. I'm running the Claytons 2.5" for the rear JT. @revitupmoto33 is running the same Clayton 2.5 in his truck, @hodge-xj is running Synergy 2" for the rear JT, @RamRodJay is running the Synergy 3" for the rear JT, i know somebody else was running Rock Krawler 3" for rear JT i just don't recall the post/handlename. The upper portion of the coil is a little bigger than the RAM coils but they fit in there with the factory isolators no problem. i don't think you'll be able to use spacers on top that fit the RAM though so they'll have to be top spacers for the JT if you ever need a set. lower portion of the coils is the same.
You can see them live here, post #750 and #751 have all the details in my build thread with full measurements and fitting feedback.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Yep. I'm running the Claytons 2.5" for the rear JT. @revitupmoto33 is running the same Clayton 2.5 in his truck, @hodge-xj is running Synergy 2" for the rear JT, @RamRodJay is running the Synergy 3" for the rear JT, i know somebody else was running Rock Krawler 3" for rear JT i just don't recall the post/handlename. The upper portion of the coil is a little bigger than the RAM coils but they fit in there with the factory isolators no problem. i don't think you'll be able to use spacers on top that fit the RAM though so they'll have to be top spacers for the JT if you ever need a set. lower portion of the coils is the same.
You can see them live here, post #750 and #751 have all the details in my build thread with full measurements and fitting feedback.
Nice ! Do you have any links to any other 5" rear coil springs? I can not seem to find any 5" rear coil springs for some reason lol ...

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any recommendations for parts suppliers in Canada is welcome

I bought my Clayton Rears and Panhard Bar directly from them

No one in Canada actually carriers this stuff.

this is what you need. The only Modification is having to drill and Tap a hole for the E-cable bracket.

20210417_150108.jpg

Last edited:

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whatever 5" coils we can use on our trucks lol ...
Are coil specs available for our trucks? Knowing the factory free length, rate, coil diameter, and top/bottom inside diameter would allow us to order custom coils built to the ride height and load that we want.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Are coil specs available for our trucks? Knowing the factory free length, rate, coil diameter, and top/bottom inside diameter would allow us to order custom coils built to the ride height and load that we want.
Believe it or not, no one seems to know any of that information for our trucks lol ... I have contacted 2 custom coil spring companies close by and they have no clue lol ..

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whatever 5" coils we can use on our trucks lol ...
Only ones i know 5" are the BDS ones. Sold only by BDS i think, part# 034653R. Spring rate 240lb/inch, and they should be 22.875" long. I know their 3" springs are 20.875 long, same 240lbs spring rate as they're linear. contact BDS and ask for them.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my Clayton Rears and Panhard Bar directly from them

No one in Canada actually carriers this stuff.

this is what you need. The only Modification is having to drill and Tap a hole for the E-cable bracket.

View attachment 481634
Oh yeah, Clayton stuff is pure meaty beef :)

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Only ones i know 5" are the BDS ones. Sold only by BDS i think, part# 034653R. Spring rate 240lb/inch, and they should be 22.875" long. I know their 3" springs are 20.875 long, same 240lbs spring rate as they're linear. contact BDS and ask for them.
Once again thank you !