Swapping lower control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpwarner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I drive a RWD Ram 1500 and have noticed there are two types of lower control arms. (Not sure if they all have to do with being RWD or 4WD) But a lot of the mid travel and long travel kits come with the lower control arm style that is not like my stock. I was wondering if it’s possible to completely replace the lower control arms to what comes with the kits with say like dirt king fabrication kits? Or is to much of a change? I’m currently running the maxtrac 7” lift kit at the moment but was looking for a little bit of a smoother ride. I attached a picture of what my stock lower control arm looks like (I found it on google trust me I take WAY better care of my truck than this.)

Attachments

• 7D8452CB-6B0B-42C8-ABDD-A1A0F6A90882.jpeg
    7D8452CB-6B0B-42C8-ABDD-A1A0F6A90882.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 29

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I drive a RWD Ram 1500 and have noticed there are two types of lower control arms. (Not sure if they all have to do with being RWD or 4WD) But a lot of the mid travel and long travel kits come with the lower control arm style that is not like my stock. I was wondering if it’s possible to completely replace the lower control arms to what comes with the kits with say like dirt king fabrication kits? Or is to much of a change? I’m currently running the maxtrac 7” lift kit at the moment but was looking for a little bit of a smoother ride. I attached a picture of what my stock lower control arm looks like (I found it on google trust me I take WAY better care of my truck than this.)

All of the aftermarket LCA's are made for the 4x4 trucks. With that said you need to purchase either factory or aftermarket LCA's made for the 4x4 truck, cut off the upper spring perch from the frame and weld on the proper upper perch to accept your new coilover. From there you can choose any 4x4 kit available. You just won't have the front diff, shaft, axles etc.

OP
OP
bpwarner

bpwarner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
All of the aftermarket LCA's are made for the 4x4 trucks. With that said you need to purchase either factory or aftermarket LCA's made for the 4x4 truck, cut off the upper spring perch from the frame and weld on the proper upper perch to accept your new coilover. From there you can choose any 4x4 kit available. You just won't have the front diff, shaft, axles etc.
That’s kind of disappointing they don’t have some options for the 2WD. Though after I bought it I regret not getting a 4WD. But now I’m in to deep on customizing this truck lol