Swapping mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I have to big tow mirrors, same ones I had on my '12. I don't have anything to tow so I don't need these big things. I wonder if the regular style are a direct swap out? Anyone know what they cost?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to big tow mirrors, same ones I had on my '12. I don't have anything to tow so I don't need these big things. I wonder if the regular style are a direct swap out? Anyone know what they cost?
Yes you can install regular mirrors on your truck. It's a plug and play install and easy to do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you can install regular mirrors on your truck. It's a plug and play install and easy to do.

Although I believe if he wants the power fold function he'd need to buy additional parts and a possible dealer reflash?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Although I believe if he wants the power fold function he'd need to buy additional parts and a possible dealer reflash?
You are correct. He can purchase the non power fold standard mirrors for a direct swap plug and play. If he didn't already have the power fold and wanted it he would need to purchase the correct power fold mirrors, correct door switch plus both door control modules. He would also need the dealer to enable the LER sales code in order for the power fold to function or purchase the alpha OBD app to enable the codes himself. In many cases the dealer cannot enable the LER sales code depending on the trim level and options the truck came with. The alpha tool is inexpensive and works well to enable codes.

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I could care less about power folding mirrors. As long as the lights would still work I'd be fine. Any idea what non-folding mirrors cost? Also, do any come color match or are they all either chrome or black?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could care less about power folding mirrors. As long as the lights would still work I'd be fine. Any idea what non-folding mirrors cost? Also, do any come color match or are they all either chrome or black?
The sport mirrors are color matched to the truck but they are harder to find. Your blinker and puddle lights will still function normally. You just need to make sure you buy the mirrors with the blinker puddle light option. Remember on the standard mirrors with the blinker puddle lights both the blinker and puddle lights are in the lens on the bottom of the mirror and not in two separate places like the mirrors you currently have. You can find them on Ebay and car-part.com. you can sell your tow mirrors to offset your cost if you want.

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Awesome. Thanks for the site. Now just have to wait til I see some patriot blues.