sylvania xtravision halogen headlight bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just picked up a set of those zxe's for all my lights..Paid a small fortune only cause i dont wanna waste $$ on hids(yes they work well i know)can bus ect ect...If i dont likem ill get some led or hid....Dont feel like messin to much with my new truck..A lil more light for the odd time im out runnin after dark..

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just picked up a set of those zxe's for all my lights..Paid a small fortune only cause i dont wanna waste $$ on hids(yes they work well i know)can bus ect ect...If i dont likem ill get some led or hid....Dont feel like messin to much with my new truck..A lil more light for the odd time im out runnin after dark..

I love the ZXE's in all three light locations. I got all 3 pairs for $45 each on sale at the local shop quite awhile ago. Once I'm out of college I am definitely getting HID's though...

OP
OP
R

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up going with the brightest ones Sylvania makes, the Ultras. Wow what a huge improvement over my old OE bulbs! I realize that they don't actually see farther than OE bulbs in lo-beam because distance is determined more by the size and shape of the lamp’s reflector or lens than by the bulb. But they are way brighter, which is precisely what I wanted. I'd rather leave distance to my hi-beams because I don't want to be "that guy" who gets flashed by oncoming traffic for blinding people to death just with low-beams. The spread to the sides is also a little better. The only downside is that these bulbs only last around 14-24 months years max but I'm ok with that considering the OE bulbs just plain suck to begin with and get even worse from degradation during their longer lifespan and I kinda like not having to peel my fingers off of the steering wheel once i arrive.

In case anyone's wondering why I'm so fixated on low beam brightness, it's because I drive a country highway to work and in the winter it's dark both to and from there. When the road is snowy it really messes with my ability to clearly see the edges of the road if I have crappy low beams, and there's a fair bit of oncoming traffic so I can't keep my hi-beams on for more than a couple minutes at a time. At 47 years old my night vision has gone to **** as well.

So yeah, basically I'm getting old, can't see as well at night and I'm a-scared but not anymore. lol :Big Laugh: