Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It might be worth an email to Pennzoil to get your local distribution centers number for those that use PUP.

So let me get this straight, now Redline is less of a unicorn then PUP? And they got a real good system to let you know where to get it, of course you WILL find out nick at Got exhaust will beat those prices if you email him. I'd take 5w30 Redline against 0w40 PUP any day of the week, even for the 6.4.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So let me get this straight, now Redline is less of a unicorn then PUP? And they got a real good system to let you know where to get it, of course you WILL find out nick at Got exhaust will beat those prices if you email him. I'd take 5w30 Redline against 0w40 PUP any day of the week, even for the 6.4.
Yup. Just about any domestic oil is easier to obtain than PUP...

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll find lots of pup here in California, the Dems are busy spreading buckets of that stuff around, they have San Francisco as the pup capital of the world, so there is plenty of pup to give around here.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just placed an order with Nick for 7qts of Redline 5w30. Rebel has just of 40,000 miles and driveline is sounding a little noisier at times. Doesn’t seem to be bolts. Figure I’ll try Redline as the last of my PUP will go in my wife’s Subaru.

I’ll post back after I do the change later this month and after it has about 1k on the oil.

Thanks for all the info and education on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Just placed an order with Nick for 7qts of Redline 5w30. Rebel has just of 40,000 miles and driveline is sounding a little noisier at times. Doesn’t seem to be bolts. Figure I’ll try Redline as the last of my PUP will go in my wife’s Subaru.

I’ll post back after I do the change later this month and after it has about 1k on the oil.

Your welcome from all of us, and your wife's suburu will really benefit from having that high detergent PUP in it. There aren't too many auto makers out there that have had worse sludge issues then suburu. Keep her pcv unclogged and keep a high detergent oil in there, of which PUP is one of the best. Keep a synthetic filter like fram or RP in there too.

Maybe it was Saab not suburu, but it will like that pup regardless so long as it isn't a di turbo?

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hah! Your rig and mine are quite similar...same year and model and about the same mileage! No noise on mine that I've noted yet, but I'm now using QSUD 5W-30; I'm 5K into it and plan on changing the stuff in 5K more. By that time, I'll be at 40K miles and I plan on sending a sample to Blackstone to see how it compares with the lighter dino QS I had been running on 5K OCIs.

TXCOMT

Zack02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you tried rigid and it “didn’t make it”

Personally? No, but I have more than one first hand experience of seeing peoples Rigid's getting trashed on a small 3 week job. That being said, I've got a Rigid miter saw that's been kicking butt for 6+ years now. I just wouldn't personally run their cordless stuff for WORK. I mean I saw a guy run his Milwak 18v UNDER a foot of water for a whole day, back in May, and he's still using the drill today (they busted a 10" water main- oops). Again if youre a DYI (pro), Im sure theres nothing wrong with a Rigid. Same reason as I don't need a Cummins; Hemi get's it done okay for me. X tool brand will get the job done for some people.

Did not think you were picking. We all have our opinions and I'm all ears to them all. One day I'm sure I will be replacing my rigid with something newer as I've not stayed brand loyal.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good, I just didnt want to come across as busting your balls over something as silly as a tool line.
Me too, I went from the old 18v Dewalt, to Milwak, and now, (I got hired on with a large GC outfit who runs the new dewalt line), so Im slow switching back to Dewalt, at least in my tool box. I'll keep the 12M stuff around the house. ~15,000 hours of using tools and you acquire a few haha

My 12v stuff is also fuel. Completely remodelled a bathroom using only 12v fuel tools, they are awfully powerful.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Those 12Ms are no joke. You could seriously do 95% of the work besides heavy demo

Is there anywhere in the US with PUP on the shelves ?

I know you said in stores, but you can get some seriously good deals if you're willing to deal with/ watch Amazon and Ebay..I try to get mine 1 oil change in advance so it works out easier (I have it when I need it).

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your welcome from all of us, and your wife's suburu will really benefit from having that high detergent PUP in it. There aren't too many auto makers out there that have had worse sludge issues then suburu. Keep her pcv unclogged and keep a high detergent oil in there, of which PUP is one of the best. Keep a synthetic filter like fram or RP in there too.

Maybe it was Saab not suburu, but it will like that pup regardless so long as it isn't a di turbo?

Her car has always loved PUP. 140+k miles and oils, brakes, timing belt replacement. Otherwise it’s getting better mpg than advertised and she likes it.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hah! Your rig and mine are quite similar...same year and model and about the same mileage! No noise on mine that I've noted yet, but I'm now using QSUD 5W-30; I'm 5K into it and plan on changing the stuff in 5K more. By that time, I'll be at 40K miles and I plan on sending a sample to Blackstone to see how it compares with the lighter dino QS I had been running on 5K OCIs.

TXCOMT

Yea noises might be more from colder weather her in Chicago suburbs. Could be I wanna hear it. It’s just when I come out in the morning and it’s running from remote start. Otherwise I don’t hear as much given radio, kids, Carven progressive still being new and me enjoying the symphony it creates with the 5.7 liter orchestra.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Winter fuels ...

Man winter gas sucks ass ! I just drove 600 miles on 89 octane and averaged 19 ish mpgs , typically on this same trip in the summer I'll avg 22.5+ mpg ( Evic )

Don't get me wrong , I'm loving the mpgs but damn what a difference .

I wonder if running a higher octane gas would increase the mileage ?? If so probably not enough to offset the price difference [emoji848][emoji848]

14 Ram QC 4X4
5.7L 6speed
Shell gas .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I go from around 12 1/2 miles per gallon in town to 10 miles per gallon when switching to winter fuel. And I use premium.

With winter fuel on the highway I still do not get any better than around 12 1/2. With summer blend I get around 14.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I always thought winter gas was necessary because of the cold- WRONG.
It is the summer gas that is the odd man out, formulated to have less smog, lol. Looks like CA even throws out their agenda when gas prices get too high and ask for winter gas in summer, LOL. Man, when you look into **** the politicians do! I mean are they sumt'n??