Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Did you give PUP a chance to work its magic like another brand that is promoted by a home inspector getting a percentage suggesting an uncertified engine lubricant? I was told using this special "oil" for at LEAST a period of XXXX miles, my Avatar shows what carnage followed(it ALSO destroyed the short block cam AND crank bearings). A band aid may work for one, but doesn't for another tells us what exactly? Where is your before and after evidence video?
Yes, I ran it for two full OCIs. It was my first change after factory fill, then I tried Amsoil SS, which made my 6.4 sound like a thrashing machine, then went back to PUP, before going to Red Line, which worked like a charm.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes, I ran it for two full OCIs. It was my first change after factory fill, then I tried Amsoil SS, which made my 6.4 sound like a thrashing machine, then went back to PUP, before going to Red Line, which worked like a charm.
But thats impossible! Your wrong!!! He knows better than your own personal experience!!! Youl pay later!

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
You have plenty of choices, however, Quaker State Full Synthetic was Quaker State Ultimate Durability. It's the same oil, just a different name. I'm sorry if my previous post caused any confusion. I think that SOPUS is trying to simplify their product line in an attempt to alleviate confusion, but they end up creating more of it. It's good oil though.
You have proof its the same?
This guy saying it isn't:

========
===============================================
The “WEAR PROTECTION RANKING LIST” itself, begins here:
1. 5W30 Quaker State “Full Synthetic” (abbreviated QSFS), dexos 1 Gen 2, ILSAC GF-6A, API SP = 152,674 psi
And that psi value sets a WHOPPING NEW ALL-TIME RECORD for motor oils that I have put through my Engineering Torture Test on motor oil. It was tested in Spring 2021.
This new 5W30 Quaker State “Full Synthetic” motor oil replaces the previous 5W30 Quaker State “Ultimate Durability” (abbreviated QSUD) synthetic.
zinc = TBD
phos = TBD
moly = TBD
The psi value of this new oil, which came from testing it at the normal operating test temperature of 230*F, put it in the SPECTACULAR Wear Protection Category. However, I went on to also test this oil at the much higher temperature of 275*F. At that elevated temperature, most hotter and thinner oils typically experience a drop in Wear Protection Capability. But, even at that elevated temperature, this oil produced an extremely impressive 148,133 psi, which was only a small 3% drop in capability. And that value put this much hotter and thinner oil in the AMAZING Wear Protection Category.
I also tested this oil to find out its onset of thermal breakdown, which was 290*F.
This new oil was purchased at Walmart. And its truly amazing performance is further proof that Walmart is selling legitimate motor oil, even though their prices are extremely low compared to typical Auto Parts Stores.
Many of us who have been devoted users of the previous Quaker State “Ultimate Durability” motor oil, were concerned that Quaker State’s Corporate bean counters might get their hands on this new Quaker State “Full Synthetic” oil, and cut costs that would ruin the oil. Fortunately, as it turned out, that did not happen. And in fact, now this latest new 5W30 Quaker State “Full Synthetic” motor oil, is BY FAR, the BEST PERFORMING motor oil that I have ever tested. This is absolute proof that Quaker State REALLY knows how to formulate motor oil.
This new “Full Synthetic” motor oil has set the bar so high, that it is the oil I will be using in my own vehicles from stock to High Performance, from now on. And it is the motor oil that I will recommend to my Blog readers for most water cooled, gasoline powered engines, that can use 5W30. This is especially THE “go to” motor oil for traditional flat tappet engines to provide the utmost in protection against wiped cam lobes.
Never say never, but it is hard to imagine another motor oil ever producing numbers this amazing.
Here is a back to back comparison of the new 5W30 Quaker State “Full Synthetic” and the old 5W30 Quaker State “Ultimate Durability”.
NOTE: The Higher the psi value, the Better the wear protection capability. And the Higher the onset of thermal breakdown value, the Higher the oil temperature can reach before the oil begins to deteriorate due to heat.
QSFS at 230*F = 152,674 psi
QSFS at 275*F = 148,133 psi
QSFS onset of thermal breakdown = 290*F
QSUD at 230*F = 133,125 psi
QSUD at 275*F = 115,764 psi
QSUD onset of thermal breakdown = 275*F
The only possible concern about this amazing new 5W30 Quaker State Full Synthetic motor oil, was that it might be “too good” for use in wet clutch motorcycles. But, motorcycle Owner feedback in July 2021, proved that this amazing new motor oil works just fine in wet clutch motorcycles, meaning there was no clutch slipping at all. Of course that applies to wet clutch motorcycles with clutches that are in good condition.

24. 5W30 Quaker State Ultimate Durability, API SN, GM dexos 1 Gen 2, synthetic (green bottle) = 120,588 psi
NOTE: This oil has been replaced by a newer version. See above for its latest performance.
zinc = TBD
phos = TBD
moly = TBD
This oil was tested Summer 2019. This version was updated to carry the GM dexos 1 “Gen 2” certification. The previous version did NOT have the “Gen 2” certification. NOTE: This particular bottle of oil did NOT have the API SN “Plus” certification. This oil will be tested again at a later date, when the API SN “Plus” certification has been added. The psi value of this oil, which came from testing it at the normal operating test temperature of 230*F, put it in the FANTASTIC Wear Protection Category.

However, I went on to also test this oil at the much higher temperature of 275*F. At that elevated temperature, any hotter and thinner oil typically experiences a drop in Wear Protection Capability. But, this oil actually had a 4% “increase” in capability. At that elevated temperature, it produced an extremely impressive 125,493 psi, which further improved its position in the FANTASTC Wear Protection Category.

I also tested this oil to find out its onset of thermal breakdown, which was 270*F.

Last edited:

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you give PUP a chance to work its magic like another brand that is promoted by a home inspector getting a percentage suggesting an uncertified engine lubricant? I was told using this special "oil" for at LEAST a period of XXXX miles, my Avatar shows what carnage followed(it ALSO destroyed the short block cam AND crank bearings). A band aid may work for one, but doesn't for another tells us what exactly? Where is your before and after evidence video?

You believe the old saying "correlation != causation", right? RL does not cause the type of damage you say you had. Nor does anybody claim you will never get that kind of damage while running RL.

What is being claimed: RL has a high probability of extending your engine life if you have the tick. It can even make the tick go away.

Now whether damage is still being done, or maybe less damage while running RL, nobody knows. But having less mechanical chatter (tick is reduced/gone and general engine noise is also reduced) in your engine can only be a "good thing", right??

I love your username, BTW. What is a "cure", exactly? If you get HIV, there is no "cure", but there is a med you can take which basically returns your life to normal (from what I understand anyway). So are you "cured" at that point? No. Not technically. But did your life go back to normal in the same way it would if you were actually cured and the virus was gone permanently?

That's all we're after with RL. Nobody cares at this point whether its a cure, just that it works, its effective, and allows you to carry on running your hemi.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Anyone know if quaker state dropped the ultimate durability name? Walmart only had the full synthetic and when looking at their product site i only find full synthetic.
Past 2 oil changes ive been using 15oz lubegard and qsud 0w20, have 4k on oil now and wanna change it before a 2k trip next week. Could prolly get away with not changing it though!

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23

It tells us a band aid shouldnt be used to cover a bullet wound.

Rod Knock

Reaction score
You have proof its the same?
This guy saying it isn't:
They dropped the "Ultimate Durability" moniker from all their oils that used it. For example Quaker State Ultimate Durability Euro 5W-40 became just Euro 5W-40. They did the same with the ones in the 0W-20 → 5W-30 lineup. I just checked the Quaker State website and compared some PDS sheets, nothing you, or anyone else can't do.

You believe the old saying "correlation != causation", right? RL does not cause the type of damage you say you had. Nor does anybody claim you will never get that kind of damage while running RL.

What is being claimed: RL has a high probability of extending your engine life if you have the tick. It can even make the tick go away.

Now whether damage is still being done, or maybe less damage while running RL, nobody knows. But having less mechanical chatter (tick is reduced/gone and general engine noise is also reduced) in your engine can only be a "good thing", right??

<EDIT BY ADMINISTRATOR>

<EDIT BY ADMINISTRATOR> Read the rules regarding personal attacks.

It tells us a band aid shouldnt be used to cover a bullet wound.
Bingo! Let's all just bleed to death, lol!

@travis and @Hemi395 I started the truck after sitting for the past 10 days or so and I had that startup clatter. I can't remember this happening back when I was running 22.5oz of Lubegard with Mobil 1 FS 0-40. So I dumped a 15oz bottle in there and I'm curious if it'll do it again. I feel like I'm going in circles. By the way, Castrol EDGE 0W-40 is using oligomers instead of traditional friction modifiers, so it might work better with Lumbegard. We'll see, the experiment is ongoing and I'm driving it for the next few days. Okay, break is over, back to work! See you later guy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They dropped the "Ultimate Durability" moniker from all their oils that used it. For example Quaker State Ultimate Durability Euro 5W-40 became just Euro 5W-40. They did the same with the ones in the 0W-20 → 5W-30 lineup. I just checked the Quaker State website and compared some PDS sheets, nothing you, or anyone else can't do.

Bingo! Let's all just bleed to death, lol!

@travis and @Hemi395 I started the truck after sitting for the past 10 days or so and I had that startup clatter. I can't remember this happening back when I was running 22.5oz of Lubegard with Mobil 1 FS 0-40. So I dumped a 15oz bottle in there and I'm curious if it'll do it again. I feel like I'm going in circles. By the way, Castrol EDGE 0W-40 is using oligomers instead of traditional friction modifiers, so it might work better with Lumbegard. We'll see, the experiment is ongoing and I'm driving it for the next few days. Okay, break is over, back to work! See you later guy!
My truck sat for 6 days while i was in alaska and i had no startup clatter. I have however had startup clatter with schaeffers if i fired the truck up pulled it forward or something just to get it out of the way and shut it off then went to start it up a few hours later to leave. Actually more so just like 2 seconds of hard lifter tick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fastest 4 door 4x4 BSP in World
Had a sudden increase in silicon after sample and was clearly the cause, Si is used as an anti-foaming agent that acts similar to dirt in +10ppm samples. No head gasket issues or coolant in the sump so enjoy that extra sand in a fancy bottle.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I say you are wrong.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
<EDIT BY ADMINISTRATOR>

Yep, I'm very close to either going back to the Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 + Lubegard combo or Red Line 5W-30. The new Wix XP filters will be here on Friday, six of them. The only other time I had the lifters bleed down like this was with 5W-20, either Castrol or Mobil 1. So I wouldn't say I like it very much.
Post some pictures of what your filters look like. Im curious how they compare to the one i bought as ive noticed some differences in my old small 57060 xp

Rod Knock

Reaction score
Look, I'm not trying to be right. I'm just trying to help. The last document you posted for QSUD is from way back when it wasn't even API SN+, from 2017. I believe they reformulated it at least twice since then, and I believe they dropped the Ulitmate Durability name when they reformulated it for API SP.

Post some pictures of what your filters look like. Im curious how they compare to the one i bought as ive noticed some differences in my old small 57060 xp
When they get here, I will. In the meantime, I'll post some of the Purolator BOSS 24651 and FRAM FS2 that I have here:

compare_filters.jpg

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Look, I'm not trying to be right. I'm just trying to help. The last document you posted for QSUD is from way back when it wasn't even API SN+, from 2017. I believe they reformulated it at least twice since then, and I believe they dropped the Ulitmate Durability name when they reformulated it for API SP.

When they get here, I will. In the meantime, I'll post some of the Purolator BOSS 24651 and FRAM FS2 that I have here:

View attachment 466590
C74F144E-7D76-4D0D-83D5-F620835726EA.jpeg

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thats my purolator boss i took off. The factory size. Heres my wix xp filters

Attachments

• 3F90D386-56DE-464B-9140-CD1B98032D5E.jpeg
    3F90D386-56DE-464B-9140-CD1B98032D5E.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 06411CAB-861D-4F9E-B772-74B1D30D745C.jpeg
    06411CAB-861D-4F9E-B772-74B1D30D745C.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 6
  • EA968D8E-03EA-4154-AB59-E77E0F61A9C6.jpeg
    EA968D8E-03EA-4154-AB59-E77E0F61A9C6.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 5
  • E3A5981F-228D-4D69-ACA9-7E49B898ABEC.jpeg
    E3A5981F-228D-4D69-ACA9-7E49B898ABEC.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 6

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Look, I'm not trying to be right. I'm just trying to help. The last document you posted for QSUD is from way back when it wasn't even API SN+, from 2017. I believe they reformulated it at least twice since then, and I believe they dropped the Ulitmate Durability name when they reformulated it for API.
But you said it was the same oil they just dropped the name....now you say they reformulated....LoL
You can't help if info is incorrect.

Rod Knock

Reaction score
Thats my purolator boss i took off. The factory size. Heres my wix xp filters
They are all good filters. I like the anti-drain-back valve on that FRAM Titanium FS2. When it's closed, it's almost glued to the steel plate. What I don't like about that filter is the casing and the abrasive coating that makes it hard to get a wrench on without scratching or maybe even bending. If only FRAM made their cases a bit more sturdy, it's all I ask.

Rod Knock

Reaction score
I've owned my Ram since new, Mobil 1 since then and I usually go about 6K miles between changes with a Mopar filter. No issues, no leaks.
I got a 2016, built in 2015, so of questionable built quality at best, no oil heat exchanger or oil cooler from the factory. So I gotta do my best to get the most out of it. I'm glad it works great for you and 6K OCIs sound about right, it's about what I do.