Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Great...so now I gotta keep an eye out 24/7 to get a jump on it? Oh well...a hemi owner's gotta do what a hemi owner's gotta do!
turns out the dude decided to play ebay games, so I no longer recomend that retailer. Kinda similar to efab, once you lose trust game over. But ebay backs the purchase, so there is that. I guess me and you just got lucky on that score. He tried to add shipping AFTER the invoice, like nah you idiot.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
turns out the dude decided to play ebay games, so I no longer recomend that retailer. Kinda similar to efab, once you lose trust game over. But ebay backs the purchase, so there is that. I guess me and you just got lucky on that score. He tried to add shipping AFTER the invoice, like nah you idiot.
Wow... I didn't even catch that he tried to do that

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Wow... I didn't even catch that he tried to do that
not when he bought it, to the new guys who tried. his name is mudd here, buy that at your own risk, ebauyer...

hunpierzc_0

Yes we did get some deals, but now he is playing games and ebay allows sellers to cancel iten up to 30 days after purchase, so unless that is ok with you waiting 30 days for something you paid right away, boot that sale.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
not when he bought it, to the new guys who tried. his name is mudd here, buy that at your own risk, ebauyer...

hunpierzc_0

Yes we did get some deals, but now he is playing games and ebay allows sellers to cancel iten up to 30 days after purchase, so unless that is ok with you waiting 30 days for something you paid right away, boot that sale.
No thanks...lol! I'm actually stocked up for at least 6-7 years at this point anyway...

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD

hunpierzc_0

OMG now he has shipping price listed:

Shipping:
US $106.37 Standard Shipping. See details for shipping
Located in: Delafield, Wisconsin, United States

HunterArcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Alright I was looking around at getting the 5w30 redline, when I noticed there are different types. Mainly the High Performance and the Professional Series. It looks like the High Performance is what is mostly used in these forums, so I am assuming I should stick with that type?

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would email dave from redline and ask the question, in theory there should be no difference. Maybe production date, maybe something nefarious, dunno best to ask them directly. Mine are black label.

[email protected]

Answer is:

Those are two different label versions, they are both the same product.

Regards,

Dave

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm not sure why we never discussed this one before, but seafoam actually has an upper cylinder lube that actually cleans the injectors. Here is the rub, it actually has 5-10% PEA PDF. Now, when you compare it to redline si-1 or amsoil pi, the math per % PEA doesn't add up considering cost. However, if you compare this to lucas there is no comparison, this one will actually clean injectors. Probably a more add to every tank friendly product as opposed to it's concentrated cousins R&A, but sea foam should be commended for actually using PEA. I'm not sure why they don't use it in their combustion chamber spray, maybe it is not needed because of their unique delivery method, but they also have this as an option for fuel system health., Maybe PEA in spray would be too effective? Melt carbon too fast with a super high % right on top of the piston.

It would take about 3 bottles to be one bottle of si-1 or amsoil pi, and then you would still have 10% PEA versus the cousins which are double % PEA. So you can see buying three of these versus the others maybe not the best strategy, but it is a fact that too much PEA makes that sump smell like chems and messes with visc thickness. So the cousins are more of a once an interval type product, this would be more everyday friendly, not saying I would use it everyday, but I would use this everyday over amsoil pi or si-1.

Last edited:

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
I'm not sure why we never discussed this one before, but seafoam actually has an upper cylinder lube that actually cleans the injectors. Here is the rub, it actually has 5-10% PEA PDF. Now, when you compare it to redline si-1 or amsoil pi, the math per % PEA doesn't add up considering cost. However, if you compare this to lucas there is no comparison, this one will actually clean injectors. Probably a more add to every tank friendly product as opposed to it's concentrated cousins R&A, but sea foam should be commended for actually using PEA. I'm not sure why they don't use it in their combustion chamber spray, maybe it is not needed because of their unique delivery method, but they also have this as an option for fuel system health., Maybe PEA in spray would be too effective? Melt carbon too fast with a super high % right on top of the piston.

It would take about 3 bottles to be one bottle of si-1 or amsoil pi, and then you would still have 10% PEA versus the cousins which are double % PEA. So you can see buying three of these versus the others maybe not the best strategy, but it is a fact that too much PEA makes that sump smell like chems and messes with visc thickness. So the cousins are more of a once an interval type product, this would be more everyday friendly, not saying I would use it everyday, but I would use this everyday over amsoil pi or si-1.

Sea Foam Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner and Upper Cylinder Lube:

Statement on the side of the bottle that it can be "used at every fill up for best performance".

Well, I think that that I'll give it a try ... someday.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
If you can use Top Tier fuel religiously, you shouldn't need supplemental additive.

For those of us hinterland-types, it's a different story. Gas stations around here keep dropping Top Tier.
Superamerica sold to Marathon, who switched to mostly their cheapo Speedway stations. Very few switched to Marathon, their Top Tier brand. Superamerica had bought up 50% of the region's gasoline retail market. Almost all of that was converted to crap gas.

BP dropped Top Tier everywhere. Our once proud Amoco USA brand destroyed.

Kwik Trip took over many small stations, then expanded all over - then dropped Top Tier everywhere.

Mobil pulled out, profits for tundra gas not high enough compared to Chicago.

Holiday's Erickson founding family sold to some big city investment firm. Nobody really knows what the hell they've done, they won't reply to inquiries. Pretty clear what no response means.

That leaves a couple of Shell and Arco/Sinclair stations, 20 mile round trip out of the way. Used to be 2 miles up to a couple years ago.

But yeah, other than that, all the corporate buyouts and takeovers have been great for consumers. After all, we only have 3.5 million people here.

Rollerball 2023
<end rant>

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didja see the original in '75?

A bit corny and far-fetched at the time. Not anymore.
I don't think I ever saw it, but I did see a preview for it when I saw first runs of Jaws, King Kong, Tommy or Logan's Run, Can't recall which one.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can use Top Tier fuel religiously, you shouldn't need supplemental additive.

For those of us hinterland-types, it's a different story. Gas stations around here keep dropping Top Tier.
Superamerica sold to Marathon, who switched to mostly their cheapo Speedway stations. Very few switched to Marathon, their Top Tier brand. Superamerica had bought up 50% of the region's gasoline retail market. Almost all of that was converted to crap gas.

BP dropped Top Tier everywhere. Our once proud Amoco USA brand destroyed.

Kwik Trip took over many small stations, then expanded all over - then dropped Top Tier everywhere.

Mobil pulled out, profits for tundra gas not high enough compared to Chicago.

Holiday's Erickson founding family sold to some big city investment firm. Nobody really knows what the hell they've done, they won't reply to inquiries. Pretty clear what no response means.

That leaves a couple of Shell and Arco/Sinclair stations, 20 mile round trip out of the way. Used to be 2 miles up to a couple years ago.

But yeah, other than that, all the corporate buyouts and takeovers have been great for consumers. After all, we only have 3.5 million people here.

Rollerball 2023
<end rant>
Don't forget your busy Costco also