Votes: 388 14.2%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 159 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 987 36.0%
  • Other

Votes: 655 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Question, fastest gas production truck ever made? The Shelby super snake sport, almost a full second faster then number two the ram trx 0-60. The fastest production truck made? The tesla supposedly available this year. If we dont call shelby a production car and dont include battery vehicles, we can say ram is killing it, but the shelby is kinda cool? If you pull up to one of these with the shelby on the door, dont do it, just dont.

photo gallery
Considering this Shelby is probably 2,000+ lbs lighter then the TRX,i don't think there's a sec differance between the 2 on a 0-60 run,as the TRX is still ahead by the time both trucks hit 60mph,maybe a 0-120 run,but i don't think so on a 0-60 run. In drag racing terms a second would be a 10 length differance in a 1/4 mile,and i don't think the Shelby is putting 10 lengths on the TRX

This video disagrees with you Mike,when the Shelby is configured a bit more comparable to the TRX

The Viper truck is still faster then the Shelby wide open.

The Ford Shelby F-150 Super Snake Sport is equipped with A5.0 liter naturally aspirated V8 engine that offers an estimated top speed of 142 miles per hour and reaches 0 to 60 mph in 3.45 seconds and 0 to 100 mph in just 8.3 seconds. The Shelby F-150's turbocharged engine increases HP to 770, while the powerful standard V8 is capable of producinG395 HP and 470 lb-ft of torque. To increase the Supercharged's performance, Ford added a billet throttle body, heat exchanger and extra air intake. Either engine is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. 2021 models are being offered at an MSRP of $93,385 for the Supercharged version and $86,085 for the standard V8. Only 250 are scheduled for production.

Viper truck was doing 154 mph 20 years ago

With a top speed of 154 mph (248 km/h) and 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) time of 4.9 seconds, the 5,130 lb (2,327 kg) pickup could complete the 1/4-mile in 13.6-seconds @ 106 mph (171 km/h) if you could run through the gears of the 6-speed Tremec T-56 manual, fast enough.Mar 23, 2022

With the stock cam and 3.21 gears and a very good tune,my 4X4 went 155 mph

I've pulled 250 kmh's or about 155mph out of mine when I had 3.21's in it,in Mexico,lol.It'd definitely be a race against a Viper truck,as I think they were good for right around 154 mph to.That was also when I still had the stock cam in it,haven't tried it out with the 3.55's and cam,so i'm not sure what it'd do now.Don't know if i'd gain enough top end rpm from the cam to offset the deeper gears.

Last edited:

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Considering this Shelby is probably 2,000+ lbs lighter then the TRX,i don't think there's a sec differance between the 2 on a 0-60 run,as the TRX is still ahead by the time both trucks hit 60mph,maybe a 0-120 run,but i don't think so on a 0-60 run. In drag racing terms a second would be a 10 length differance in a 1/4 mile,and i don't think the Shelby is putting 10 lengths on the TRX

This video disagrees with you Mike,when the Shelby is configured a bit more comparable to the TRX

The Viper truck is still faster then the Shelby wide open.

The Ford Shelby F-150 Super Snake Sport is equipped with A5.0 liter naturally aspirated V8 engine that offers an estimated top speed of 142 miles per hour and reaches 0 to 60 mph in 3.45 seconds and 0 to 100 mph in just 8.3 seconds. The Shelby F-150's turbocharged engine increases HP to 770, while the powerful standard V8 is capable of producinG395 HP and 470 lb-ft of torque. To increase the Supercharged's performance, Ford added a billet throttle body, heat exchanger and extra air intake. Either engine is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. 2021 models are being offered at an MSRP of $93,385 for the Supercharged version and $86,085 for the standard V8. Only 250 are scheduled for production.

Viper truck was doing 154 mph 20 years ago

With a top speed of 154 mph (248 km/h) and 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) time of 4.9 seconds, the 5,130 lb (2,327 kg) pickup could complete the 1/4-mile in 13.6-seconds @ 106 mph (171 km/h) if you could run through the gears of the 6-speed Tremec T-56 manual, fast enough.Mar 23, 2022

With the stock cam and 3.21 gears and a very good tune,my 4X4 went 155 mph

I've pulled 250 kmh's or about 155mph out of mine when I had 3.21's in it,in Mexico,lol.It'd definitely be a race against a Viper truck,as I think they were good for right around 154 mph to.That was also when I still had the stock cam in it,haven't tried it out with the 3.55's and cam,so i'm not sure what it'd do now.Don't know if i'd gain enough top end rpm from the cam to offset the deeper gears.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Regular Cab Short Bed RAM 1500 was offered with the TRX 700 hp option and naming/putting it the TRX/R/T Demon Sport on the tailgate ... then the Ford or whomever people would know what just ate their lunch, lol.

I've never liked mismatched drag races between brands. But, it's still fun to watch these videos of other brand trucks taking on the mighty and heavy RAM TRX.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wouldn't it be nice if the Regular Cab Short Bed RAM 1500 was offered with the TRX 700 hp option and naming/putting it the TRX/R/T Demon Sport on the tailgate ... then the Ford or whomever people would know what just ate their lunch, lol.

I've never liked mismatched drag races between brands. But, it's still fun to watch these videos of other brand trucks taking on the mighty and heavy RAM TRX.
Yea that was a major fluckup by FCA/Stellentis by not offering a regular cab shortbox with the 6.2,considering they already have everything in the parts bin to build them.They'd of sold everyone they made ,same as the earlier SRT 10 Viper truck.
Another one i'd like to see is, how quick a Viper truck would be in the 1/4 with the 8HP90 behind it instead of the 6 speed manual

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You would rather have a gen 3 2500 then a shelby pick up? I'll take the shelby and have fun for a year then buy ten 12v cummins for the zombies.
Have you seen what good 3rd Gens with a Cummins sell for these days,lol. You might buy 1.5 3rd Gens for the price of a new Shelby this year,and next year you might need 2 Shelby's to buy 1 good 3rd Gen,lol

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@grizzstang got my start stop eliminator installed I the wife's Jeep. It was the under the seat module same as yours and works perfectly. Thanks for the link!

On another note, I'm doing a couple 1000 mile oil flushes on my daily driver which is a 2016 Nissan Rogue. I changed the oil after 4000 miles from whatever the dealer put in and cut the oil filter open. There was a light film of sludge on the filter case itself but none in the actual media. Looking in the oil fill port the top of the motor looks clean as well. Either way I figure a couple 1000 mile flushes with Valvoline High Mileage can't hurt.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@grizzstang got my start stop eliminator installed I the wife's Jeep. It was the under the seat module same as yours and works perfectly. Thanks for the link!

On another note, I'm doing a couple 1000 mile oil flushes on my daily driver which is a 2016 Nissan Rogue. I changed the oil after 4000 miles from whatever the dealer put in and cut the oil filter open. There was a light film of sludge on the filter case itself but none in the actual media. Looking in the oil fill port the top of the motor looks clean as well. Either way I figure a couple 1000 mile flushes with Valvoline High Mileage can't hurt.
What oil are you going to use for the daily? Might be worth doing a run of the HPL engine cleaner if you think it's built up inside.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Facing the tick 3 times has made me a little jumpy. Now I keep starting my truck, getting out and listening to it, just to make sure there isn't the faintest tick.
Yesterday did the second oil change with 8L of Liquimoly Molygen 5w30 and the hydraulic lifter fluid. My mechanic caught me sticking my head in the wheel arch to listen. He said don't worry. By his words, the engine sounds smoother than when I had the Mobil1 0W40 in it.
So I guess I found my second choice if there is no Redline.
The local Redline keeps saying that the stock is coming. Last month, he said it was supposed to come this month. Now its coming at the end of December. So I just ordered it directly from Elitefab.