Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
3 of us that i know of are actually running around 7 1/2 to 7 3/4 quart. The Addition of the larger filter is part of it but two 6.4 owners (im one) are noticing a bit higher oil level seems to get rid of the start up clatter. Verdict is still out on that one.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I'm probably around the 7.5-7.75 quart mark on the SRT as well with the 20-820(The last extra bit comes from left over redline quarts so its eyeballed). Also keep in mind is has a coolant to oil oil cooler bolted on in between the filter and the block that's taking up a bit of capacity as well. It's still never had any start up noises on RL 0W40 or 5W40 outside of that 1st fire after changing oil that goes away rapidly. PUP would give me start up noises when it had been ran hard and it was time to change it (could be as short as 500 miles).

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I put RP stock to a zero now, don't you know they would mess up the best thing that had going. How hard would have been to leave firament chart?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Personally I say Wix XP over Fram...

As good as a rep that the FU filter has and it’s proven filtering ability i still have a hard time using one after i got a few that i was disappointed in. The QC was not so good.

I probably got unlucky. I bet id never have a problem again. But i cant do it.

So id do WIX XP over FU.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I like wix xp for transmision, but either one for the hemi. Good news for me, I got twenty years before I have to choose :)

[emoji23][emoji23]

If i do a filter every other change i can get 20 years as well[emoji23][emoji23]. Thanks for putting me up to that mike. It was a great idea sir.

Forgot that one has been sitting outside draining for a week now. I have to cut it open and check it out. 10,000 miles and it had MOS2 run through it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Looking forward to hearing about that filter Kyle, I wonder if any mos2 is caught in there.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Got 5 tanks with the TCW3, I’ll post my findings when I come out of the bush next week. In the meantime enjoy this pic from the Michigan UP :)
God’s Country.

View attachment 181345

Whereabouts are ya? It’s a long drive for ya, aren’t you’re from the south?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thinking about this from other thread, should we be warming up the ram for like 5 seconds with the truck in nuetral? Trans fluid doesn't rotate in park, but in nuatral it does. I know cam is starved at idle, but with high idle cold start this is less of an issue. But good practise to get transmision fluid moving before moving? Another question would be how many times can this dummy Burla possibly mispell nutral in the same post.

KevinInVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Thinking about this from other thread, should we be warming up the ram for like 5 seconds with the truck in nuetral? Trans fluid doesn't rotate in park, but in nuatral it does. I know cam is starved at idle, but with high idle cold start this is less of an issue. But good practise to get transmision fluid moving before moving? Another question would be how many times can this dummy Burla possibly mispell nutral in the same post.

Oddly enough that is something I have been doing if it is cooler in the AM, as it has been recently, and I am more in a rush and don't want to let the truck sit and warm up for a few minutes, I will let the idle settle from startup, shift to N for 10-15 seconds, then to D and it seems to alleviate the "bump" from the initial engagement. In general I like to let the truck warm up a few minutes to get the tranny temp up some but sometimes you just need to go. I will say this 8 speed does not like the cold, but warms up pretty quickly.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Great point Mike I never thought of this! Yeah IMO this is something all us RFE guys should be doing. Especially in the winter. Most trans pump fluid when the engine is rotating regardless of what gear its in but the RFE trans don't run the pump in Park.

So think about this scenario. Its 10* out and you start the truck up. Say you let it idle 2 mins before you put it in gear. The pump starts as the truck goes into drive (or reverse) with 10* fluid. That 2 mins you were letting the truck idle, the trans fluid is just sitting there in the pan and being spun around in the torque converter. Then you put it in gear and start driving with fluid that was idle less than a second ago. Its wasn't flowing to the clutches, bearings, gears, etc. Just sitting there.

I'm going to start shifting into N at least 10-15 seconds before putting it in gear from now on, longer in the winter.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Damn, I let my friend poach my wife's Pennzoil Ultra Platinum I got got today for 19.99, and they raised the damn price to 26+, damnit damnit damnit. I knew I should have got a few of those.