Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
which pruis's still use Nickle batteries? awd is appears.

Note that Toyota still builds new, AWD Priuses with NiMH batteries because it finds they last longer in extremely hot or cold climates.

sorry to take the conversation away from ram, but understanding all of this will be helpful for anyone considering an electric ram imo. Especially lifesapns and replacement costs, just because you can get a pruis battery for 4 g's, don't think that will be happening with that ram battery. You see some GM hybrids and EV's replacement costs already over 20g. Looks like in cold or warm places, nickle is the way to go if you can.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ram EV, good read so far. longer range then any tesla, did I read that right?

Though full details of the Dodge Ram 1500 REV won't arrive for a while yet, what we do know suggests that this truck is unlike anything we've ever seen before. The first thing that stands out is the vehicle's range. Don't think in terms of trucks or other large vehicles: the capability to do 500 miles on a single charge means this is going to be one of the longest-range EVs on the market, perdiod. In terms of battery capacity, the standard truck carries a 168 kilowatt-hours pack, while the extended range version holds a whopping 229 kilowatt-hours.

As a result, an unladen Ram 1500 REV XR could be capable of going close to 100 miles further than the longest-ranging Tesla, and is only really beaten by ultra-high-end luxury sedans like the Lucid Air Grand Touring. Even the standard truck, with its 350 mile range estimate, goes beyond class-leading and beats the majority of electric vehicles quite comfortably. Plug in at a DC fast charger, meanwhile, and -- though we still aren't quite at gas station refueling levels yet -- you're looking at around 110 miles of range added in approximately 10 minutes.

AA1a0XwL.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There is no way I believe this, but if true wouldnt that be an impressive price for this?

• Prices expected to start at around USD 40,000 when customer deliveries begin in Q4 2024

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Thanks.

Maybe hybrid vehicles are the way to go? I wonder how easy the nickel is to recycle?

btw, I was thinking of lithium metal deuteride used for fusion bombs. Similar but not the same!

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
There is no way I believe this, but if true wouldnt that be an impressive price for this?

• Prices expected to start at around USD 40,000 when customer deliveries begin in Q4 2024

No way...unless they're selling at a loss for ramp up sales volume.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thanks.

Maybe hybrid vehicles are the way to go? I wonder how easy the nickel is to recycle?

btw, I was thinking of lithium metal deuteride used for fusion bombs. Similar but not the same!
I think not all "hybrids" are the same, but when you think about the rav 4 versus pruis, the cost of basically the same but you do get 15-20mpg more, nothing to squak at? However, we use the hell out of the rav 4, we use it like we used to use a station wagon growing up, you can sleep in it for crying out loud. So I think I will steer her towards the pruis but keep my rav 4, I mean there is no chnace in life I will let my 2009 rav 4 go for under 10 grand it's current value. To me the value is near 15k plus, and you would have to be dumb to pay that, so that puppy is staying right here. God forbid I ever have to sell the ram, but if so I will put tow package on the rav 4 and haul my garbage that way, trailer is only 1500 pounds, I'll drive slow.

If those rams really go for 40, maybe I steer her into that, lol. She really wants a tesla, but that aint happening since the down turn those are priced way too steep for our budget.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Onan Corporation was developing hybrid drivetrains for General Electric to sell to GM for cars and buses in the 1990s until Cummins bought us and cancelled all developments.

We were made to focus only on gensets powered by their diesel engines. All engine development by Onan was stopped, too. When they cut me and 2,000 others loose in 2016, they cancelled ALL new product development and used the savings for stock buybacks and executive bonuses. U.S. gave up this technology exclusively to foreign competitors. What a great country.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I think not all "hybrids" are the same, but when you think about the rav 4 versus pruis, the cost of basically the same but you do get 15-20mpg more, nothing to squak at? However, we use the hell out of the rav 4, we use it like we used to use a station wagon growing up, you can sleep in it for crying out loud. So I think I will steer her towards the pruis but keep my rav 4, I mean there is no chnace in life I will let my 2009 rav 4 go for under 10 grand it's current value. To me the value is near 15k plus, and you would have to be dumb to pay that, so that puppy is staying right here. God forbid I ever have to sell the ram, but if so I will put tow package on the rav 4 and haul my garbage that way, trailer is only 1500 pounds, I'll drive slow.

If those rams really go for 40, maybe I steer her into that, lol. She really wants a tesla, but that aint happening since the down turn those are priced way too steep for our budget.

My wife's AWD Highlander has the same battery type, think I will keep hang on to it until it falls apart

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To ask an oil question......What has happened to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30? Only a couple of places where I can find any Ultra Platinum, and what I can find the 5w30 is a lot higher.

Checked walmart online this morning and the 5w20 was $32.52 while the 5w30 is $62.68. Just now checked it and that is the price.

What is making the 5w30 higher? The government trying to force us to thinner oils?

Last edited:

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To ask an oil question......What has happened to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30? Only a couple of places I can fine any Ultra Platinum, and what I can find the 5w30 is a lot higher.

Checked walmart online this morning and the 5w20 was $32.52 while the 5w30 is $62.68. Just now checked it and that is the price.

What is making the 5w30 higher? The government trying to force us to thinner oils?
Found the same thing here in Indy. Did a search for local businesses and found 5 quart bottle at advance auto for 39.99. and NAPA had it on sale for a Saturday 1day sale for 34.99. Bought 1 then went back on a Monday and it was priced 64.99
Found it on eBay for 29.99 and free shipping bought 3 more.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
supply and demand is being hidden behind artificial supply line shortages and inflation charges. Nothing makes sense right now and likely wont again until they get inflation and supply lines under control, clearly they don't have a handle on it right now. Take a look at redline prices, all over the board like never before, some places DOUBLE what other places sell it at.

mullet6577

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To ask an oil question......What has happened to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30? Only a couple of places where I can find any Ultra Platinum, and what I can find the 5w30 is a lot higher.

3 pack 5qt jug PUP 5w30 on Amazon for ~$100

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My 30 yr old Briggs has had top oil it’s whole life and works like a beast View attachment 519722View attachment 519723

Wow - I didn't know about Red Line prior to 2018, I got a 50 year old Briggs tiller I've been running Mobil 1 V Twin 20W-50 in. Runs like a top. Converted breaker ignition to electronic, too. Much better than their current Chinese engines that fail after app. 3 years.

I liked the air-cooled motorcycle engine oil so much in the tiller I use it for all my small air-cooled 4 stroke engines now. The big one in my Harley gets Red Line V Twin 20W-50. $5,000 engine.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just got my next batch of oil delivered. Don't ask what it cost because I'm in Canada and with shipping and border fees I'm going to do the adult thing and ignore my visa.

I'm currently running their 0w-30 PP PCMO (now there's a mouthful) and I already did a blackstone VOA of it. I will do a UOA as well as usual and get that posted hopefully within a month or so.

yGc4aGi.png

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Just got my next batch of oil delivered. Don't ask what it cost because I'm in Canada and with shipping and border fees I'm going to do the adult thing and ignore my visa.

I'm currently running their 0w-30 PP PCMO (now there's a mouthful) and I already did a blackstone VOA of it. I will do a UOA as well as usual and get that posted hopefully within a month or so.

View attachment 519871

Key experiment, thank you.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Had to be one of the worst wrecks I have seen watching racing, somehow both guys are ok. Sunday at dega. They showed the head restraint on the driver who t boned larsen, man big boy wreck right there. He mis judged hit, you hear him hit the gas instead of brake.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow - I didn't know about Red Line prior to 2018, I got a 50 year old Briggs tiller I've been running Mobil 1 V Twin 20W-50 in. Runs like a top. Converted breaker ignition to electronic, too. Much better than their current Chinese engines that fail after app. 3 years.

I liked the air-cooled motorcycle engine oil so much in the tiller I use it for all my small air-cooled 4 stroke engines now. The big one in my Harley gets Red Line V Twin 20W-50. $5,000 engine.
Is that what I meant? Thanks but no it’s usually whatever my vette shop uses and I have had vettes for longer then the mtd rototiller.No modders I know trust Mobil one anymore,but it’s OCI more then brand choice.3B231A30-E78C-4BD1-B5E3-6978902DDB90.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500