tail light resistor question- best place to mount resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I suspect it will still fast flash, but worth a try. From what I hear if one led is out in the factory panel you'll get the error so the tolerances must be really tight. It might be the panels are outside of the range and that's why the factory led replacement ones are hard to find and more expensive.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I really wish my truck had the old bulb style as I know the day will come that I'm in your shoes. My neighbor with a 2017 with 60,000 miles on it has already replaced a headlight because the led signal burned out and a rear taillight and both times it was over 500 bucks vs a 3 or 4 dollar bulb.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There are 2 version of aftermarket lights- those meant to replace incandescent, and those to replace LED. I bought the LED version, designed specifically for the sport trim line. The manufacturer is stumped, as well.

so with the error disabled, does the turn signal still fast-blink?
If you are referring to disabling the rear facing lighting DTC detection with the alfa, then no, there will be no more errors or fast blinking, whether the lights are burned out or not. This is the exact reason that FCA built this feature into the BCM, so that it can be disabled for aftermarket bed upfitters that use aftermarket LEDs

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
If you are referring to disabling the rear facing lighting DTC detection with the alfa, then no, there will be no more errors or fast blinking, whether the lights are burned out or not. This is the exact reason that FCA built this feature into the BCM, so that it can be disabled for aftermarket bed upfitters that use aftermarket LEDs

Thanks Jimmy!

amedina

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am new to this form, in the hope of some assistance. 2016 Ram Power Wagon.

I configured all lights to LED, switching from halogen, but now I notice the rear turn signals don't work. Flashers and Brake lights do.

I am using the OEM tail light of the brake and turn signals are already LED, I only inserted LED bulbs on the reverse light.

I cleared out all codes when I configured to LED of they don't come up anymore.

We I run through the Active Diagnostics for REAR LEFT TURN LIGHT I get this notice: ''failed. Condition not correct or request sequence error'' of it's the same for the right.

Is anyone having the same issue, or can guide me to a solution? I have reached out to [email protected] but no legit answer. Any help, please?