Taking delivery of new ram today, price to pay?*got truck under sticker, all is well!*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just because I am fortunate to be able to **** away $1000 if need be just shows that I make good money and I am good at saving, if they turned around and wanted $5,000 over MSRP I would have been walking elsewhere. No Chrysler product is worth more than msrp.
I'll have to say that no Toyota product is worth even a 50 percent discount

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
I'll have to say that no Toyota product is worth even a 50 percent discount
Ahhhhh you are one of those biased ones, RAM or nothing! Not worth wasting anymore time with you here lol, even though it’s a nice way to kill off time at work.

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Normally when you make a down payment on anything the final price has already been settled. I understand your desire to special order exactly what you want in a truck, but your confidence that the dealer will adjust pricing to your satisfaction once the vehicle is on the lot is pretty optimistic. They will have all the cards, the truck and your $1,000 so they literally have no risk. I sincerely hope the situation turns out in your favor. Keep us all posted as to the outcome. Good Luck.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Normally when you make a down payment on anything the final price has already been settled. I understand your desire to special order exactly what you want in a truck, but your confidence that the dealer will adjust pricing to your satisfaction once the vehicle is on the lot is pretty optimistic. They will have all the cards, the truck and your $1,000 so they literally have no risk. I sincerely hope the situation turns out in your favor. Keep us all posted as to the outcome. Good Luck.
He has stated numerous times that he has the truck, and got it for a little less than MSRP.

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He has stated numerous times that he has the truck, and got it for a little less than MSRP.
I updated the title, maybe that will help lol. I understand it’s 13 pages by now but if people scrolled through they would see the outcome numerous times.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's a little item I learned when I worked at a Ford dealer for a stint out of college: People who paid the most for a vehicle were always the happiest and most satisfied. It seems counter-intuitive, but I saw it over and over. A 'veteran' sales guy much older than I at the time, who'd 'been around' at a lot of dealers in Tx and other states was the one who brought it to my attention. No meaning to this, just an anticdotal experience this thread reminded me of.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Here's a little item I learned when I worked at a Ford dealer for a stint out of college: People who paid the most for a vehicle were always the happiest and most satisfied. It seems counter-intuitive, but I saw it over and over. A 'veteran' sales guy much older than I at the time, who'd 'been around' at a lot of dealers in Tx and other states was the one who brought it to my attention. No meaning to this, just an anticdotal experience this thread reminded me of.
Most people will probably realize later on that they overpaid, and they will not be so happy after. :signs75:

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So I am taking delivery of my new ram classic today which was a special order build, I know times have changed in the past few years but for special orders should I be expecting to pay msrp or is this price something that should still be negotiable. I have a $1000 non refundable deposit down. Wondering the mindset I should be walking in with here. Only other offers I see are $825 or whatever off my classic truck on ram site. Thanks!

Next time; wash the hay seed out of your hair before you buy.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, guess I am a Unicorn. I bought the new Dt 5th Gen when they first came out in 2018 August. MSRP was 49K, I paid 41K, with tax and title, traded in MY 15 ED, paid 12,5K cash and ran out the door with title in hand and a Happy BOIRD, LOL.

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Next time; wash the hay seed out of your hair before you buy.
?……

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, guess I am a Unicorn. I bought the new Dt 5th Gen when they first came out in 2018 August. MSRP was 49K, I paid 41K, with tax and title, traded in MY 15 ED, paid 12,5K cash and ran out the door with title in hand and a Happy BOIRD, LOL.
Pretty good truck for the first model year?

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty good truck for the first model year?
For me it has been. The problem with the early trucks is Poor Poor AC. They did not get it sorted out till later models in 2020. But starts, runs, goes point A<B<A, works for me. I just got a lower trim, plain jane radio not all the Bling, just a lowly Bighorn, BUT since it is a driveway princess, all BOIRD need. (And No Friggin E junkola, which is great, IMHO).

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
a person from the country, especially a simple, unsophisticated one.

AKA ... hick
I am simple and unsophisticated, but I don’t live in the country with hay in my hair and a rooster waking me up hungover In a filthy wifebeater missing my teeth. Thanks though.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ya know, i think someone just described me
the hay in the my hair is from being in the hayloft with a cute lil thing.
My teeth are in a box on a shelf at the dentist office, they are paid for, they go in when i rebuild my lungs

I can't help but smile when i get near my Ram

1667690486416.png

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya know, i think someone just described me
the hay in the my hair is from being in the hayloft with a cute lil thing.
My teeth are in a box on a shelf at the dentist office, they are paid for, they go in when i rebuild my lungs

I can't help but smile when i get near my Ram

View attachment 506168
Rebuild my lungs lol

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Ignorance is bliss...

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hydro blue 22 rebel vs Patriot blue 22 limited .... (I kept the rebel for the ramboxes)
View attachment 506042
I prefer Hydro over the Patriot Blue but would want to make sure ne thing bought had LED lighting, not chumpy Quad Halogen stuff.