Tell me why I shouldnt upgrade to a PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So, currently running a 15 Sport, blah blah blah. But, trade in values are pretty good right now and my truck has 81XXX miles on it. So, once it gets to 100, that value will drop a bit

2019 PWs I am looking at, fully loaded, are ranging from 50-55k with anywhere between 10k-17k miles on them.

I had thought about 19 and 20 Rebels, but for money it seems the PW is the way to go. I dont tow much, and what I do is well under 10k lbs. Payload. Two or three times a year I do get large amounts of rock. However, if my current 1500 with lift kit and bils can handle the load, I am sure the PW can.

It would be a daily drive, but I dont drive a whole lot anymore since working from home.

Just wondering if the PW group here might have some feedback.

Thanks!

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
obviously depends on your financial situation, needs... blah, blah, blah.

Get the Power Wagon!!!! lol.

I daily drive mine, and i like it. It does ride a bit rough. but thats because factory has you fill tires to 65 damn PSI.

Gas mileage expect to take a hit. I get from 11-13mpg. and i would say im at about 70/30 city/highway miles.

My wagon is a 2020 (18 miles on clock), has the 12" screen. but no leather, no sunroof, and no 360 camera. Other than that, i have everything. i got my dealer down to $49k. which i considered a good deal.

only thing you have to watch is the height. A lot of parking garages, or automatic car washes dont have the clearance. i was in a garage the other day, and had 2" of clearance from the top of my sharkfin to the garage roof. Man it was a tight one.

Other than that. This truck is awesome. especially off road. i wouldnt change it for the world.

I also didnt like the look of the newer wagons to start with. But after looking at mine in the driveway everyday... Damn its a good looking truck!

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
One caveat that doesn't apply to most on this forum but caught me by surprise were tolls. Living in a major city surrounded by toll roads, bridges and tunnels I was initially denied resident discounts for my truck due to it being 500lbs over what they accepted as being a non commercial vehicle. After two years of writing letters and making phone calls I finally connected with a sympatheic person with some common sense that granted me a waiver for my ezpass (electronic tag). Prior to that my toll costs were higher than my fuel costs per week and Power Wagons are thirsty!
The truck is a little bigger, a little thirstier , maybe a little more expensive (depending on your state/city) to register and may fall into a different toll category but I don't regret for a minute making the purchase. You will also be part of an exclusive club; I've yet to see another PW locally since my purchase but pass 6-12 Raptors a day :)

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anything over the weight limits on these trucks in noticeable. I’m on my second PW. If you don’t tow or haul get it. If you do I would really consider all your options. Doesn’t seem like this is a concern for you.

other than that it’s a bad ass truck and would recommend it to anyone that enjoys the woods life lol. I’m in forestry and excavation services so it gets off road about once a day. If I didnt have the winch I would have been in trouble more than a handful of times.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
As said above, you don't buy it for gas mileage or its payload capacities. It will still tow a decent sized camper if you want it to (I pull a 35' TT with mine every summer), and it'll still do everything most people need it to do.

We were getting out of our big toy hauler when I bought mine. Some days I do wish I'd gotten a regular 2500, but overall, I'm quite happy with the PW.

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
obviously depends on your financial situation, needs... blah, blah, blah.

Get the Power Wagon!!!! lol.

I daily drive mine, and i like it. It does ride a bit rough. but thats because factory has you fill tires to 65 damn PSI.

Gas mileage expect to take a hit. I get from 11-13mpg. and i would say im at about 70/30 city/highway miles.

My wagon is a 2020 (18 miles on clock), has the 12" screen. but no leather, no sunroof, and no 360 camera. Other than that, i have everything. i got my dealer down to $49k. which i considered a good deal.

only thing you have to watch is the height. A lot of parking garages, or automatic car washes dont have the clearance. i was in a garage the other day, and had 2" of clearance from the top of my sharkfin to the garage roof. Man it was a tight one.

Other than that. This truck is awesome. especially off road. i wouldnt change it for the world.

I also didnt like the look of the newer wagons to start with. But after looking at mine in the driveway everyday... Damn its a good looking truck!

Well ill rolling on 35 MTs now, so my gas mileage isnt really a thing currently. Im lifted 4" currently. But, good idea, I will take my top height measurement now and compare, good idea.

Thanks for the positive reaffirment......GET IT! :) LOL

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
i paid about 55k for my 19 new so you should find one cheaper

What options do you have? Ones I am looking at have full 360 cameras, leather seats, heating and vented seats, 360 camera, upgraded audio, etc...

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Truly appreciated! I really havent heard anything thus far about why I shouldnt with only 1 exception.....towing. But the most I would tow is a 16 ft trailer with a 4dr Razor. And that is no problem.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am impressed with mine as a daily driver. Only a couple months old but thing drives really nice. mine has done pretty good on fuel as long as you are not trying to drag race the guy next to you.
2EC96563-CEE3-4AB1-81A5-636BB77D674B_1_201_a.jpeg

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you go offroad frequently I highly recommend one. Daily driving or towing/hauling, no way. I had one for less then a year before I traded it off (at a significant loss). Awesome offroad truck but the poor mpg and limited range killed me driving it daily. Got sick of stopping at the gas station multiple times a week.

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ha. I would love to get Olive Green. But, I am buying used. I cant spend 60k on a truck new. Not worth the hit. Currently looking at white and the delmonaco red (sp?)

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha. I would love to get Olive Green. But, I am buying used. I cant spend 60k on a truck new. Not worth the hit. Currently looking at white and the delmonaco red (sp?)
Btw my 2018 with 19k miles is for sale. It has the level two package. 65k sticker.

would sell it right now for 43k

6692122D-254D-4B47-9DDE-254946E495A8.jpeg

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I love the looks of them and wanted to get one until I saw the payload and towing capacities. They were less than my 1500. If you don't plan on towing over about 5000lbs then the PW is fine. You start getting up to about 7000lbs and from what I remember payload on those is about 1000lbs? At 7000 with 12-15% tongue weight you are already at max payload and that is with no passengers. But I love the trucks

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should do way better than $60K. mine was well under that the end of August. 2020 model. You might also look at the Tradesman with the Power Wagon option. I could have walked out with one of those for just over $45K. I had a tough time deciding so I let my wife decide and she liked the interior better on the Power Wagon. Mine was just over $50K otd. I do like the grill on the tradesman better.

5DBCE900-3C09-4FCC-BA40-E30AA93EDF5F_1_201_a.jpeg