"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought from the same seller except black and this one specifically says "with mic"... fingers crossed.

USB Carplay Dongle,Carlinkit Mini Smartphone Link Receiver Adapter Compatible Android Car Auto Navigation Multimedia Player Support Touch and Voice Control(Black with Mic) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KSV5Q8F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CkuNCbTZ4Q2WN

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Oh dang I didn’t see the one with mic . Damn lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Oh dang I didn’t see the one with mic . Damn lol

It's the same seller so if it does work I'll let you know and maybe they will exchange it for you?

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool yea let me know thanks

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Also just an FYI. With the fastboot if your using the AirPlay app and shut off your truck for however long. As soon as you plug in your phone the next time it switches from the normal truck home screen and starts up the AirPlay app and it pop right up to the screen. Really convineat lol haven't even tried to switch the phone mirroring app since it auto loads as long as it's running.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Got my Carplay/Android Auto dongle today. This is a great addition and super speedy on this radio.

0c73b45abcd12a42e474085235719fa5.jpg

I noticed there is an option to switch microphones, but I don't think it's working properly. When I use the dongle microphone there is no sound picked up. I'll keep playing with it, but for the voice commands alone and ease of Android Auto, thus is a must have addition in my opinion!d4c1e7b9ffa0277c5cce31c6a51ef4b0.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok for parking radar beep fix and/or to get additional controls to appear in the console menu, try switching to a higher trim level (like Ram Hi). That appears to give me the additional options seen by others. The menu is scrollable...33f3a1b8d2f3750a92a6e279babd80c0.jpg

Dani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V23
Got my Carplay/Android Auto dongle today. This is a great addition and super speedy on this radio.

0c73b45abcd12a42e474085235719fa5.jpg

I noticed there is an option to switch microphones, but I don't think it's working properly. When I use the dongle microphone there is no sound picked up. I'll keep playing with it, but for the voice commands alone and ease of Android Auto, thus is a must have addition in my opinion!d4c1e7b9ffa0277c5cce31c6a51ef4b0.jpg

I was really hoping the usb dongle mic would work as my mic doesn’t seem to work on the unit itself......

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I barely tested it so I'll try to give it another go. I can say that while no one could hear me on the phone, the "OK Google" voice commands still worked when set to use the dongle's microphone.

I also tested Android mirroring in the hopes of filling the black space on Android Auto. While it did fill out the application window area, it didn't send audio over USB mirroring. I'm going to see if there is an Android Auto developer setting to change this.

I have to say, Android auto runs super smooth on this regardless. Fir $30-$60, it's totally worth it.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Looks like I'm giving up on this radio..Phoenix wants me to pay for another radio to get a replacement then refund me when I send the broken one back and there's nothing guaranteeing me getting a working replacement...if there is anything anyone wants me to try with the PAC connection setup I have before i remove the radio please ask asap and I'll gladly test what you want..
Side note if anyone can put me together a system of the 8.4 stock radio with nav and hvac adapter etc I'll gladly pay you to do so vs paying info tainment for their over priced "deal" and you can make some money in the process..I don't have the time to source all the parts and pieces..

Bill
804-339-2984

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Also I have an Android auto adapter coming that I would gladly send to whoever was able to piece me together a stock upgrade .. or sell at a discount..

Bill

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sorry to hear that...it is sounding like recommending Phoenix Android is done now...

I'll keep my ear to the ground on the 8.4. You should check the classified section of this forum though. There are usually ones for sale there.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Sorry to hear that...it is sounding like recommending Phoenix Android is done now...

I'll keep my ear to the ground on the 8.4. You should check the classified section of this forum though. There are usually ones for sale there.

Will do..thank you for all your help and knowledge! It's places like this and people like you that make trying stuff like this enjoyable...Phoenix is a total crap company and wish I could review them somewhere to help others avoid what I am going through with them..they wouldn't even consider a return until I threatened a PayPal dispute..like others have said, send an email and the issue becomes closed immediately..good thing I'm not in California or I would be paying him a visit!...he even had the balls to tell me he had a "new unit" in country as stock..yet they drop ship from China and because I was asking for a replacement it would have to come from China direct...

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
I do have to say the PAC adapter does make all cameras work as you would like through just the main plug..well worth it if you have additional cameras or even the stock camera...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is a good place to leave a review...over 100k views so there are a lot of long time listeners it seems.

I just got my refund from Phoenix so I have no problem bad mouthing them. I too used PayPal dispute to get their attention, refund issued within 24 hours...

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I do have to say the PAC adapter does make all cameras work as you would like through just the main plug..well worth it if you have additional cameras or even the stock camera...

Thanks, that's going to be my next purchase once my Amazon rewards balance builds back up...

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow I didn't know that Phoenix Android was so close to my job... like 4 miles... still wouldn't buy one from them... I would get one from Linkswell...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Wow I didn't know that Phoenix Android was so close to my job... like 4 miles... still wouldn't buy one from them... I would get one from Linkswell...
I think I'd go Rhino Radios, I've heard good things and they are nearly half the price for the same product...

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I'd go Rhino Radios, I've heard good things and they are nearly half the price for the same product...

Nah... they are in China... I know all the radios are from there but at least I can talk to the guys at Linkwells. They are not that far from me. Yes I know that I just said Phoenix is close to me but I don't trust them.
Plus on their website, I only see one review and it is 5 stars... I gues they have the power to delete everything that isn't good for them.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Nah... they are in China... I know all the radios are from there but at least I can talk to the guys at Linkwells. They are not that far from me. Yes I know that I just said Phoenix is close to me but I don't trust them.
Plus on their website, I only see one review and it is 5 stars... I gues they have the power to delete everything that isn't good for them.
I'm pretty sure Rhino Radio is in California too...

By all means though, buy from Linkswell. I've spoken to them and they are professional, curtious and responsive. I'm sure there customer support is better than Phoenix Android's. They are way more expensive though.

I've also heard from two primary sources that Rhino Radios has good support.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Hey if your that close can I get you to stop by and deliver a message? Lol..