"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sir, am I correct in saying that the radio player that is installed on this unit has different volume control parameters than the rest of the Android unit.
And the boot up screen work nicely. Thank you. I may do a video on the boot up screen would you be okay with me giving you credit and XDA of course.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
Hell, give Linkswell credit! I linked you to their Dropbox!

I'm not sure I understand your volume question. Can you expand your thought further?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It does not work. Maybe I do not have the right cable.
Did you try Ram Hi as well? In addition, when you select the car type, the following screen has a protocol listed. Can you tell me the protocol that is selected?

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there anyone who is able to control the sound of the radio with the buttons behind the steering wheel. Ram Bighorn 2015 with buttons behind the steering wheel. If yes, what is your system configuration.thank you

Mine works ram 2500 2015 bighorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine works ram 2500 2015 bighorn

If needed I can post a sys info screen but just noticed lots of others already probably posted .

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If needed I can post a sys info screen but just noticed lots of others already probably posted .

I can tell you now your MCU version will be much different than his.

Everything on his is really new and I haven't run across it yet.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks SitKneelBend I learn something new..... I didn't realize KitKat went up to 7.1.1 hahahahaef1bb1b1c7bd5c5c32eb5e8ce91c2697.jpg

Serge Durand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you try Ram Hi as well? In addition, when you select the car type, the following screen has a protocol listed. Can you tell me the protocol that is selected?

When I select simple in the protocol column with RAM HI, the buttons on the steering wheel work but the fan heat and AC not work.I do not remember the protocol he had at the beginning. What is the right protocol ?

pro1.jpg

pro3.jpg

pro2.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's hard to say for sure without seeing your CANBUS module but if it's the same as mine (it should be) it's this one...fc06c859a99f0874af3467c1ca263783.jpg

hollowzero569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got a Tesla unit a few months ago. ..It kept the head lights on and the dash board lights on... After the company giving me several updates the head lights work fine but the dash boars light still stay on even when the keys our out of the ignition. They just stay on... When I change back to the old setup... Everything is fine... The company is not returning my emails and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else... Maybe there is a fix somewhere.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got a Tesla unit a few months ago. ..It kept the head lights on and the dash board lights on... After the company giving me several updates the head lights work fine but the dash boars light still stay on even when the keys our out of the ignition. They just stay on... When I change back to the old setup... Everything is fine... The company is not returning my emails and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else... Maybe there is a fix somewhere.
If you post a picture of your system information screen, I can take a look. It will look similar to this...c1839ef1e465e7db77155370fc64349f.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Did yours come stock 860C or did you flash that?

Stock, don't ever try to flash between versions "B" and "C". They are not compatible and if you are successful you will likely brick your radio.

You cannot upgrade Android versions on these radios. The version you purchased is the version you are stuck with unless you change out hardware.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do you have a link to the files they had you flash? Can you also take a picture of your radio and the surrounding bezel when you have a moment?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock, don't ever try to flash between versions "B" and "C". They are not compatible and if you are successful you will likely brick your radio.

You cannot upgrade Android versions on these radios. The version you purchased is the version you are stuck with unless you change out hardware.

Thats what i had thought too. Did you ROOT yours?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thats what i had thought too. Did you ROOT yours?

Yes...or rather, the good folks at 4PDA (Gary222 and KOMA7) made rooted firmware which I gratefully use.

Once you have root your customizations expand exponentially.