The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjani1959

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
It sure does.....It really hasn't gotten cold yet. So we will see how it does when it gets down around zero.
Here in Anchorage..we are not that cold ...but the winters are long.
I haven't checked if I have a block heater installed....but I don't think I will need it.

We have been in the twenties and the heater will run you out of the cab.

sjani1959

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The ram I have is a 5500...I don't think you can get those springs to flex any at all to make a difference...even with the 850 Lbs of torque of the Cummins.
The tires would break loose first....
The coils are much better for high speeds , and ride. My truck is not on par with most of you when it come to handling.
I did see a Ram equipted with coils and they showed the sag before and after they attached a fifth wheel. Hardly set it down at all, very impressive.

Jaxyaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The short trips and stop and go traffic I have to drive in every day is what steered me away from the Cummins. For anything I would ever tow, I didn't loose anything by going with the Gas, plus another biggie was being able to get the lifetime max care with the Gas engine.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
I hate tire shops. Went to mavis tire to get some new tires as mine were shot with 15k on 'em. Even tho the TPMS lights weren't on, I knew the air pressure wasn't right. They had them between 38 and 44 lbs. Actually surprised the pressure can get that low without setting off the TPMS.

Also, One or more of the tires are not balanced properly either, as theres a shimmy at 63mph. Now I've got to spend more time there to get this issue fixed...

Ok... rant over.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I hate tire shops. Went to mavis tire to get some new tires as mine were shot with 15k on 'em. Even tho the TPMS lights weren't on, I knew the air pressure wasn't right. They had them between 38 and 44 lbs. Actually surprised the pressure can get that low without setting off the TPMS.

Also, One or more of the tires are not balanced properly either, as theres a shimmy at 63mph. Now I've got to spend more time there to get this issue fixed...

Ok... rant over.

Which tires did you have stock?

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Transforce AT. And I don't spin the tires. Got that out of my system many years ago.

Fantastic. I was reading reviews on these tires and every one of them for these trucks said 15000 miles was all they could get out of them. Looks like 11500 miles to go...

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Anyone else having an issue with the 911 feature of the radio? On three separate occasions I've had a message pop up on my screen stating to take it to the dealer for service. The red light also appears adjacent to the 911 button on the mirror. After the first incident I showed the Svc Mgr who stated it the first he has seen or heard of it. We did a hard reboot (his term) to the radio and it was fine until yesterday the second time, I performed the reboot but today it's back. Heading to the dealer in the morning.
Dropped the truck is in the shop for this 911 issue and found out there is a recall for my ABS. So they are taking care of that as well.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You guys that are only getting 15000 out of your Transforce AT tires. What air pressures are you running the front and back at and were at on the tires are they getting worn out the most?
Center, outside edges, or evenly across the whole tread?
We have 2 one ton 2012 single rear wheel trucks at work that I ordered with these tires. We got around 50000 miles out ofthen before replacing.
I hand 9000 miles on my 2014 2500 with these tires and they still look great. Not any were close to being worn out. I run 55 in the front and 45 in the rear.
I don't give a crap about the TPMS bs. I just ignore the light and enjoy the better ride and longer lasting tire life.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I run mine 65/75, theyre at about 2/3 tread at 6500 miles and wearing perfectly even..transforce on 20" rims...ive heard many people complaining about these and the stock goodyears too...hope i can get 20k out of them since the tires for this thing will cost me nearly 1500 for a good set larger than stock

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I run mine at 60/70, they still look good at 9000 miles. Had them rotated about 7500 miles.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Getting those stock hangers off was a real PITA since I didn't have any sort of lube on me. The good news is the truck is so high I didn't even have to put it on stands lol. Just crawl up under it. The stock tail pipe with the resonator wouldn't clear the axle with the truck just sitting on the ground cause of the bend though. I just jacked the rear dif up a little bit and it slid right out.

Magnaflow went right in!

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
I ran my AT's at 65 all around. They were evenly worn across the tire. I rotated mine every 5k.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting those stock hangers off was a real PITA since I didn't have any sort of lube on me. The good news is the truck is so high I didn't even have to put it on stands lol. Just crawl up under it. The stock tail pipe with the resonator wouldn't clear the axle with the truck just sitting on the ground cause of the bend though. I just jacked the rear dif up a little bit and it slid right out.

Magnaflow went right in!

What part number is it? Do you like it?? any drone?

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What part number is it? Do you like it?? any drone?

Magnaflow 15333 and I love it. Drone is kind of subjective, to me there's none. But I came from a longtubes, no cats Boss 302. It's probably equivalent noise level to a mufflex swap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdog57