The Big Lemon RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No. I refuse to take my truck to the dealer for minor stuff I can live with. Not worth the chance of them making it worse, like installing software updates that make my truck go into PARK when the door is open. I let them repair some rodent damage under the hood (insurance claim), and I had to stop the technician (twice) from hooking up a programmer to the truck. If I hadn't stood there and watched them do the wiring repairs, there's no telling what kind of bugs they'd have introduced into my PCM or UConnect. Truck drives fine. My point is that crappy technology does not make a truck a lemon. It's all extra stuff that's not needed. When the volume changes, I change it back. When the blue-tooth connection to the phone goes away, I re-pair it. When the air suspension doesn't move, I wait a day, and it moves. All good in the end.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No. I refuse to take my truck to the dealer for minor stuff I can live with. Not worth the chance of them making it worse, like installing software updates that make my truck go into PARK when the door is open. I let them repair some rodent damage under the hood (insurance claim), and I had to stop the technician (twice) from hooking up a programmer to the truck. If I hadn't stood there and watched them do the wiring repairs, there's no telling what kind of bugs they'd have introduced into my PCM or UConnect. Truck drives fine. My point is that crappy technology does not make a truck a lemon. It's all extra stuff that's not needed. When the volume changes, I change it back. When the blue-tooth connection to the phone goes away, I re-pair it. When the air suspension doesn't move, I wait a day, and it moves. All good in the end.

Yeah I can understand that, I would only ever take my truck to the dealer for something under warranty that was an expensive fix (like the head unit). Otherwise I would either do it myself or take it to one of my trustworthy mechanics. For the screen/head unit I didn't want to spend at least a couple grand so I let them warranty that.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
I have used the lemon law in two states over the years, and threatened a 3rd until the dealer made it right and sold me a new 2016 after a bad 2015 I purchased. I did HAVE to deal with Ram cares and they DID apply pressure to the dealership.
to them it is generally cheaper to just replace the vehicle than to have it declared a lemon. they loose a lot more money if the vehicle is titled a lemon which is probably why car manufactures applies pressure to dealers in cases like this. being titled a lemon might turn a $40k truck into a $30k truck. they will probably take the truck back and resell it without a branded title.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963