The gremlin led rear lights and tow lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miloman1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 hemi
Hi
I have a 2017 5.7 1500 I ll be as descriptive as I can
The rear right passenger tail light has three bulbs out when flashing pressing brakes and hazard it the top 3 bulbs in the left from top down I ll attach a pic
Also the yellow turn on the mirror is rapidly flashing when the turn signal is on but not when the hazards are on

I also have no turn or brake lights when connected to a 4 pin for a trailer

I’ve checked and replaced all the fuses re the trailer abs nothing

Can I open it up to replace any led bulbs?
And would this issue be causing the trailer issue also the wiring harness is factory for the trailer abs. Ohh 4 pin and 7 pin have the same result of nothing

All the relays seem to be working abs clicking on and off so I’m pretty sure it isn’t a relay my 3rd brake light was burnt but I solved that

Hope this is descriptive enough and someone can point me to the solution

Have a hunting trip planned in a few and need to sort this out
Much thanks

Attachments

• A6690989-4689-4A18-A4A1-D6A49BD32EF7.jpeg
    A6690989-4689-4A18-A4A1-D6A49BD32EF7.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
M

Miloman1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 hemi
On a note when I hit my lock button on the fob those same lights mentioned above work perfectly fine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L SRT8 HEMI
I would say that maybe your trailer harness wiring might be causing your issue. As far as the rapid flashing goes...Normaly the CANBUS is looking for a particular resistance from that circuit in order to flash correctly. Your hazards should be on a seperate relay from your regular blinkers.
Check your taillights and see if the 3 that are not working are incads or leds. If they are incads and are burned out that may be your issue with the quick flashing

OP
OP
M

Miloman1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 hemi
I called the dealer on my vin and was given this part 68093080ac was told I need to replace the entire assembly I did check the trailer and had resistance I did see the 20amp fuse was burned so I replaced it, while at it I relaxed the 30 amp also as it did give me an issue a while back

Checked the harness and didn’t see power to two of the connectors I’m hoping the light being burned out sorts it out ordered it aftermarket for 289 dealer for oem was 500

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I also have no turn or brake lights when connected to a 4 pin for a trailer
Pull the plug out of the back of the 4/7 pin jack on the bumper, probably a corroded connection. Also double check these fuses:
F53 ATR 20 amp Left Trailer lights
F81 ATR 20 amp Right Trailer lights
F29 FMM 20 amp Trailer Park lights
Your hazards should be on a seperate relay from your regular blinkers.
There is no separate relay for the hazards nor is there a blinker relay, the lights are driven from the BCM.

OP
OP
M

Miloman1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 hemi
I did change all the fuses the 20af81 was burned out no change