The "PANIC" button...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a way to disable it? This damn thing is so sensitive that the slightest bump sets my horn blaring.

Any advice PLEASE!

Cheers

Bob

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What if you run out of TP?

THAT's not a panic button. That's a natural disaster, time to call yer local National Guard...:anitoof: OR, u COULD go to store and have U a large container of "Baby Fresh Wipes", just in case. We carried a bunch of that when deployed, sometimes a lil relief, just saying, ne body been out in the field under field conditions and no relief in sight knows what I mean...

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
THAT's not a panic button. That's a natural disaster, time to call yer local National Guard...:anitoof: OR, u COULD go to store and have U a large container of "Baby Fresh Wipes", just in case. We carried a bunch of that when deployed, sometimes a lil relief, just saying, ne body been out in the field under field conditions and no relief in sight knows what I mean...

Just don't flush the wipes.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I was at Costco and they had pallets of baby wipe boxes and I didnt buy them. Probably should have bought a case.

OTOH if you cant flush them, disposing of them becomes potentially unsanitary and infectious......and of course our state banned plastic bags back in October, so I dont have any laying around to toss used wipes into.

And while on the subject, other states that banned plastic grocery bags, forced reusable bags, are now banning REUSABLE bags because (guess what) they can carry viruses.....

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
Yeah I was at Costco and they had pallets of baby wipe boxes and I didnt buy them. Probably should have bought a case.

OTOH if you cant flush them, disposing of them becomes potentially unsanitary and infectious......and of course our state banned plastic bags back in October, so I dont have any laying around to toss used wipes into.

And while on the subject, other states that banned plastic grocery bags, forced reusable bags, are now banning REUSABLE bags because (guess what) they can carry viruses.....
What ******** state is that? Usually I see dumpsters and garbage trucks say trash MUST be bagged

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What ******** state is that? Usually I see dumpsters and garbage trucks say trash MUST be bagged

These are for shopping. Connecticut (and a lot of other northeast states) went to a "10 cent per bag" model back in October. Bring reusable shopping bags, or pay for plastic (which went away in favor of paper) bags for your shopping.

And it wasnt just groceries.....when Home Depot asked if I wanted to pay 10 cents for a bag I told them to buzz off and had my kids carry my 10 items out. WTF good does a plastic shopping bag do if its going to get sliced open by its contents anyway.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine

Ffs, can't make this **** up anymore, idiocy has infected muh gubberment ten fold!!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These are for shopping. Connecticut (and a lot of other northeast states) went to a "10 cent per bag" model back in October. Bring reusable shopping bags, or pay for plastic (which went away in favor of paper) bags for your shopping.

And it wasnt just groceries.....when Home Depot asked if I wanted to pay 10 cents for a bag I told them to buzz off and had my kids carry my 10 items out. WTF good does a plastic shopping bag do if its going to get sliced open by its contents anyway.

NY just did this as well, went into effect 3/1/20...nice timing for all of this. I've bought a few of the reusable bags, forget to bring them every time. When I went over the weekend, they had run out of the 10 cent paper bags that I've been getting for the most part since I can't remember the reusable ones, so I just had to take everything out to the truck "loose" which was a different experience.

We stockpiled the old plastic bags for the past year or so though, we have two dogs that we walk just about daily and those are the best bags to use for cleanup.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The irony is that I had probably about 200 of those plastic shopping bags, because I used to be a regular volunteer at a school bingo night and we would give them to the players to keep their trash in.

I recycled them during a move (I had them at my desk at work), and now regret it very much.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The irony is that I had probably about 200 of those plastic shopping bags, because I used to be a regular volunteer at a school bingo night and we would give them to the players to keep their trash in.

I recycled them during a move (I had them at my desk at work), and now regret it very much.

Yeah they can definitely be handy for a lot of things like that. Also when one of the dogs puke, they are great for that cleanup as well, as oppose to not having any and having to throw out a garbage liner that isn't full.

Oh well, hopefully it makes more of a positive impact than negative. Not the end of the world, definitely a pain in the ass sometimes.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I love my panic button, comes in handy when you watch some careless ******* get too close or thinks they're gonna just lean up against your vehicle (yes, people will do this without a second thought). Hit the button, usually scares the **** out of them and they move on.

gom6451

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
19 Classic Bighorn, Mine went off when ever I put it in my pocket so I used the other one and put bad one on a key hook in kitchen, The alarm went off with it on the hook so I wrapped it in aluminum foil to keep it from setting the panic alarm. I took the truck in for an oil change and gave them the fob wrapped in aluminum foil. They unwrapped it and laid it on the desk and the alarm went off. They gave me a new fob.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Mine always went off when I was hand washing it, gggrrr