Thoughts on Flowmaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turboguard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Carven Competitor. Even got my die-hard Ford coworkers to admit my Hemi sounded real good speeding off!

Dino DeGaetano

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got a B2 fabrication slip on direct fit 18" and I love it. MF **** and all stainless pipes. Louder than stock but not annoying. Only drones when MDS is on at low cruising rpm. They have 3 sound levels and muffler delete offerings as well. Nice welds and finish. Fast shipping

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey guys

Bought a 5.7 RCSB Ram 1500 recently. Looking to upgrade my exhaust. What I WANT is something with a nice old-school muscle sound that has a good roar when you step on it (some hp gain is nice too). What I DON'T want is a loud-all-the-time exhaust that's going to drive me nuts with constant droning and make me look/sound like an a-hole to pedestrians.

That being said, I like all the sound clips I hear of Flowmaster's American Thunder series exhaust system. On paper, it's the right amount of volume without all the drone. Can anyone attest to that? I'd hate to spend the money on an exhaust system and then hate it bc of interior drone. Am I better off with just the American Thunder muffler vs the cat-back, or a different system all together? Let me hear your guys' thoughts and experiences.

Thanks!
I put a Solo Performance MR300 delete on my 5.7 1500. I like the sound I'm getting. At the Solo website they have a few videos. The long one is exactly what mine sounds like from the interior. Check it out as well. I looked at so many options. I stayed away from Flowmaster because of drone and rusting out. The Solo and B2 fabrication units are all Stainless. Way better IMO.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rot out?? Doubt it. Have three vehicles with 40's on them all three are over 7 years old, not rot, no rust, perfect sound - actually one is a 40 delta and other two are regular 40's. All; were put on vehicles - oneCharger, oneChallenger, one RAM - all 5.7 hemo motors - all 15 -18K per year mile use. Getting ready toput a new one on anew RAM, probably a 50 delta with resonators retained. So Flowmasters are the best, period. Magnaflow tend to be too loud, Gibsons tend to be rattely. Good luck.
Im only saying from my experience I installed many different cat back systems on many different vehicles and saw a lot come back that rotted out after a couple years

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black Widow 250 muffler here for almost 3 years. Love the sound, aggressive yet not obnoxious and no drone (i have my factory resonators and i did disabled the MDS at the same time i got the muffler installed)

OP
OP
SilverSingleCab

SilverSingleCab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've been doing some research on Magnaflow - it seems that they don't make a cat-back system that "fits" the single cab?? Anybody know if it's just a matter of cutting some pipe or what the deal is? Let me know!

Long Range

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went through this exact exercise and research before I pulled the trigger on my exhaust upgrade. I was told multiple times that Flowmaster = Dronemaster so I spent the extra cash and bought the Corsa Performance Exhaust. Sounds excellent and zero drone on the high so big momma doesn't get pissed on long trips. Also bought the Black tips and it looks great, I can send you a clip of mine if you want, but this one is a good to give you an idea of the sound.

(86) CORSA Performance 2009-2019 Classic RAM 1500 Cat-Back Exhaust System SPORT Sound Level - YouTube
How loud is it in the cab during cruise or normal accelerations, any louder then the stock exhaust.

OP
OP
SilverSingleCab

SilverSingleCab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after tons of research and advice from others, I ended up going with the Flowmaster FlowFX muffler and kept the stock tailpipes. It's not quite as loud as I expected - maybe one step up from a Magnaflow street series, but It grew on me pretty quickly. It's real deep and get's throaty as you lay into it. The best part - NO CAB DRONE. Turn the radio up to normal listening volume and you don't hear the exhaust on the highway. It might be the best of both worlds. Even my girlfriend, who LOATHES loud exhausts (especially the muffler deleted Mustang I used to have hehe) was presently surprised by this exhaust. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a mild-aggressive exhaust sound.

Long Range

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went through this exact exercise and research before I pulled the trigger on my exhaust upgrade. I was told multiple times that Flowmaster = Dronemaster so I spent the extra cash and bought the Corsa Performance Exhaust. Sounds excellent and zero drone on the high so big momma doesn't get pissed on long trips. Also bought the Black tips and it looks great, I can send you a clip of mine if you want, but this one is a good to give you an idea of the sound.

(86) CORSA Performance 2009-2019 Classic RAM 1500 Cat-Back Exhaust System SPORT Sound Level - YouTube