Thoughts on this setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWHgoatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Bilstein 5100's. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Ready-lift 2" lift kit, and Icon 1.5" dual rate rear springs. Going to be putting the Bil's on setting 3 or 4 and the Icon's in the back. Anybody have the setup? Anybody see and issues in doing this?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
One of the members @Quick_Shifter knows a thing or two about lifting trucks. Hopefully he'll chime in on this.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have Bilstein 5100's. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Ready-lift 2" lift kit, and Icon 1.5" dual rate rear springs. Going to be putting the Bil's on setting 3 or 4 and the Icon's in the back. Anybody have the setup? Anybody see and issues in doing this?
What are you trying to achieve with this set up besides popping ball joints and tearing CV axles up? I’m curious.
Our trucks come with sport, big horn, warlock, outdoorsmans, Rebel just to name a few and they come with various suspension heights. Unfortunately Rams just can’t get away with throwing kits at them like the tacos and some f150’s
I am more than happy to guide you to what you are trying to accomplish

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are looking at 3.5-4” front lift. At that point you would be better off just buying a true lift kit. Obviously more expensive but a lot better for the vehicle. The ride would also be a lot better with a true lift kit. Anything over 3” is danger territory especially when using spacers on the ifs. @Quick_Shifter can definitely point you in the right direction. @Nick@GotExhaust sells lift kits too and can help you out.

OP
OP
G

GWHgoatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm trying to net about 3" I didn't want to go as high as the 3.5" SST kit and I already have the Bil's. I could just set them at max height and change out the UCA's too. I thought maybe with the top hats I could keep the Bil's set somewhere more in the middle.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I'm trying to net about 3" I didn't want to go as high as the 3.5" SST kit and I already have the Bil's. I could just set them at max height and change out the UCA's too. I thought maybe with the top hats I could keep the Bil's set somewhere more in the middle.
In this case you will have to pay to play. What I mean is if you want the soft ride and 3” the only way to achieve it is to go to a coil over. Spacers will ruin your front end and you will eventually spend coilover money fixing it so pay now or pay later

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed, 3" is just too much to still get a plush ride. Coil overs will keep the ride comfort even while cranking them up. Spacers are well documented here on the forum to cause damage over time.

let us know if we can help with any info or pricing. We offer all the quality suspension brands and we have plenty of knowledge on these trucks and suspension.

mikepol2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Coming from Silverados so I'm new to Ram leveling / lifts. Would like just a little bump on mine, like 1.5 - 2" front and 1-1.5" rear. With the Silvy's it's easy, just a couple spacers under the front struts and rear leafs. How does it work on Rams?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Coming from Silverados so I'm new to Ram leveling / lifts. Would like just a little bump on mine, like 1.5 - 2" front and 1-1.5" rear. With the Silvy's it's easy, just a couple spacers under the front struts and rear leafs. How does it work on Rams?
For rams you’re better using adjustable coilovers or leveling struts up front. Spacers are not recommended up front. The rear you can use spacers. A lot of people look for either heavier load springs or air bags if they plan on loading up the bed and you can gain lift with some of the heavier load springs as well

BryanRunsTrains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Glad I found this question recently asked already because I was considering doing something similar with a 2" level in an attempt to avoid spacers. I was looking at the ReadyLift SST 3.5" kit first then the 2" with adjustable 5100's. I like the look of the RL 3.5" SST kit.

I'm trying to be in the 3.5-4" lift range. Also looked at some 4" kits from RC, BDS, RL, Zone, but I have a 2022 Laramie EcoDiesel Night Edition with factory 22's, and most of the brands I'm finding for the 4" kits say they are not for diesel applications and/or with factory 22's.

Guess I'll keep researching....

Last edited: